“Lovely stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel is very clean and presentable. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was lovely. We were given an executive room althought it was not requested. the bed in this room was huge!!!!! Thee only downside was the handle was missing from window and I like to sleep with an open one, still slept well though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Angela_Tonchev, Front Office Manager at Ramada London North M1, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased to hear that you were able to have an enjoyable stay with us.
For future reference the window handles are purposely removed and all windows can be opened by a member of the reception team on request.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business, had been on a long drive to London so could not wait to get to hotel. The desk staff were friendly and helpful and the bar and restaurants are open till 10pm!

Room was large and bed was huge as well as extremely comfortable! All round very clean and bathroom was almost clinical!

There is some road noise and rail noise but it did not cause me an issue.

Had breakfast in the morning and can safely say it was one of the best breakfasts I've had for a while. Food did not sit for long and chef seemed to be cooking fresh things all the time. I just went for the standard buffet but you can request items I think.

Hope to be back soon and would book this hotel again for a stop gap for London to the north.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at the Ramada London North for 1 night on New Years Eve. Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Great value too (less than £70) for 1 night. Asked for a room at the back of the hotel as we where concious of possible road noise from the M1 motorway. Unfortunatley around the back was a power generator which did make some noise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.
I apologize for any disturbances caused by the noise, and hope that it did not cause too much disruption.
For any future stays we suggest letting a member of staff know about any problems so that we can try to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.

dorset
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Booked last minute and got a good deal at £50 for the room for two of us. Wanted a hotel near the royal orthopaedic hospital at Stanmore which is about 20 minutes away (early in the morning, might take longer at peak times) room was fine, quite basic but clean with comfy bed. We were very near the motorway but the noise was counteracted by the noisy heating. It didn't bother us,it was "white noise"!!ate in the restaurant and had a reasonable meal, not cheap but tasty and good service. There were quite a few families eating as I think kids eat free.probably won't stay there when I next go to RNOH, purely because it was further away than we thought but would recommend the hotel as a good value place to stay

• Stayed February 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
We apologise for the problems that you had with the air conditioning and suggest that if you have any problems in the future please inform a member of staff as we will always be willing to try our best to solve them for you.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have stayed here before and would stay here again - I wanted to get that out of the way before I have a moan. The first room I was given (on the ground floor) has a connecting door to the room next door. This door might as well not be there as the noise insulation is non-existent. Whoever was in the next room (a disabled room) was watching TV at high volume. I didn't complain to that person as I figured they may be hard of hearing and it was only 7pm but what forced me to ask for a move was that TV noise level accompanied by the couple in the room on the other side of my room 'doing the business' and tons of kids running up & down the corridor screaming and shouting - and I really do mean tons of kids...TONS! It was non-stop ear-drum-shattering high pitched SCREAMING. Totally unacceptable in my view. I couldn't hear myself think and got a move to another room - unfortunately also on the ground floor. This also had a connecting door but there was no noise as it was towards the back of the hotel so I was happy - until 9pm when the Swiss Family Robinson arrived back from a trip to 'whatever land' nearby and proceeded to squeal and squawk till 00.15 (with the aid of the hair dryer being turned on to accompany their irritating and inconsiderate noise level). At this stage I was seriously thinking about a move to Vulgaria and marriage to Baroness Bomburst. So I got my third room on the second night (on the 2nd floor) which was great - nice & quiet because there were NO HORRIBLE NOISY CHILDREN around. When I got this 2nd room, the woman on the reception did say the ground floor is a family floor so hence the noise but what I don't get is why I was there in the first place? So, my advice is that unless you are prepared to wear industrial strength ear defenders don't stay on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor if you are a grown-up.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Uk
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I booked an executive room as I was there on business and for location was perfect.

I also did not get much sleep as there were trains running outside my window during the night.

However, I was put in a room with literally no mobile signal and literally missed several important calls.

When I explained my concern they said next time mention that and they will , but put me in a room where I can get a signal?!!! ...I believe the room was OK excerpt for that and would expect a partial refund for the trouble they caused me.

Best regards

G Roberts

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,

I apologize for any problems that you had regarding the noise levels in your room, we can suggest requesting a car park sided room in the future as some guests find this to be more satisfactory.
Regarding the signal in the rooms, we would not be able to provide a partial refund as the signal is dependant on the service provider. In terms of providing you with a room where you can get service, we simply try our hardest to provide you with a room where the service may be more suitable.

Front of House Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ramada South Mimms M25
Ramada South Mimms M25
#2 of 2 in South Mimms
Premier Inn London Hendon (The Hyde) Hotel

Been to Ramada London North M1? Share your experiences!