“Exceeded my expectations, would go again!”
Review of Elstree Inn

Elstree Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
sheffield
“Exceeded my expectations, would go again!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I booked this hotel fairly last minute for 2 nights as we got tickets for a show at Eltree Studios. When i arrived i was met by a lovely Australian man on the reception desk who was more than happy to help. He showed me up to my room and carried my bag and he even came back upstairs with the free wifi code to save me having to go back down to reception to collect it.
I had booked a twin room as my mum and I were going to the show together, the room was very large and well equiped, the en suite was very clean. There was a tv, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary toiletries and even a decent hairdryer in the room. The beds were comfortable with crisp clean sheets and spare pillows in the wardrobe if needed also plenty of plug sockets in the room for all our gadgets.
The hotel is above a weatherspoons pub and on the high street, however we had no problems with noise or anything else to cause any disturbed sleep. If you drive there is free parking but if you arrive by train its only a 10 minute walk. The location for the studios could not be better as it is literally around the corner.
When we checked out after 2 pleasant nights in the hotel we got speaking to a lovely Irish lady on reception she let us keep our cases at the hotel while we went for breakfast before our train jouney home. When we returned for our cases the lovely lady was only to happy to bring our cases to us and offered to call us a cab if we wanted to head back to the station.
The staff were more than happy to help the whole time we were at the hotel, very friendly atmosphere and i am already planning a return journey but this time with my husband to do some sight seeing for a couple of days as its only 20 mins from central London.
There are no breakfast facilities but I would recommend the Borehamwood Cafe opposite the hotel the food is amazing and well priced and Zevi is lovely for an afternoon or evening meal.
So all in all no complaints at all, great value for money and would go again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank danigirl01978

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was a little dubious when choosing this hotel to stay in after reading the mixed reviews but I had absolutely no reason to and I would advise anyone reading this review to take note of my comments as I used to be in the events industry for 20 years and have stayed at 5* hotels all over the world so know what to expect - you pay for what you get - and for what you pay for this hotel it is very good, friendly/helpful lady on reception, clean room, sheets, towels, tv with sky, tea/coffee, safe car parking and free wifi. I would DEFINATELY recommend staying at this hotel - if you want quality décor, thick duvets, flash bathroom suites, plush carpet, air conditioning then pay twice as much and stay elsewhere - this is where I will be staying in the future and save some money too !!

Room Tip: My room was not facing the High Street so I could have the window open without there being too much...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank HHHH61
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After reading recent reviews we decided to book 2 nights whilst visiting bbbots.We arrived around 9pm and didn't expect the hotel to be over a very busy pub, we didn't know what we were letting ourselves in for?? Drove around the rear of the pub to find the private car park and reception, which we knew our car would be quite safe as CCTV was installed. We were shown up to our rooms by a helpful member of staff. At first we were quite shocked to see how small the rooms were, but at the end of the day, it's a room to sleep in, what more do you want? Yea the decor needs a little spruce but the bedding (which I'm very fussy about) was spotless, towels were spotless and overall a clean room. Don't expect 5* at 2* prices! I would stay again so It can't be that bad. Fab location for anyone visiting elstree studios, also the little cafe across the road (the borehamwood cafe) I think it's called does really cheap but gorgeous breakfasts!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

stayed 1 nite cheap& cheerfull £50.00 double room no food but witherspoons nextdoor
£2.15 a pint lager situated on maine street good selection of resteraunts indian italian
chinese turkish. i recomend turkish at top of street ( belting ) remember all u whingers u get what u pay 4.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allykebab
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My friend was getting married so we decided to stop over!! Big mistake. Terrible room, hideous amounts of noise. Dirty bathrooms. We wouldn't use the shower. I'd rather stink!. All in all a dire place to stay. But the Irish lady on reception was lovely. Save your money!! Go out and buy two sleeping bags and some matches!!! Warm yourself off the flames of the hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Howardvincent

Travellers are raving about these Borehamwood hotels

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed 1 night and although we didnt expect 5 star luxury we did expect a friendly face, we arrived early for check in and wanted to go into London so we tried to let the hotel know we had arrived and ask if we could take the room keys with us but even though there was a phone number to ring for reception no-one answered we hung around for an hour and a half and went back at 3 mins to check and was told we were early, didnt find it as friendly as we expected from the other reviews and will not be using again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Perfect Location if you are going to watch something in Elstree Studios, Right on the High-street so easy access to shops etc, small car park at the back, Rooms Clean, Staff Freindly enough at Check in, Its not 5* standards but then it doesn't claim to be, it is absolutely fine if your just looking for a bed for the night :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Ramada South Mimms M25
Ramada South Mimms M25
#2 of 2 in South Mimms

Been to Elstree Inn? Share your experiences!