“Not that bad really”
Review of Elstree Inn

Elstree Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

After reading recent reviews we decided to book 2 nights whilst visiting bbbots.We arrived around 9pm and didn't expect the hotel to be over a very busy pub, we didn't know what we were letting ourselves in for?? Drove around the rear of the pub to find the private car park and reception, which we knew our car would be quite safe as CCTV was installed. We were shown up to our rooms by a helpful member of staff. At first we were quite shocked to see how small the rooms were, but at the end of the day, it's a room to sleep in, what more do you want? Yea the decor needs a little spruce but the bedding (which I'm very fussy about) was spotless, towels were spotless and overall a clean room. Don't expect 5* at 2* prices! I would stay again so It can't be that bad. Fab location for anyone visiting elstree studios, also the little cafe across the road (the borehamwood cafe) I think it's called does really cheap but gorgeous breakfasts!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed at elstree in for 1 night to go to elstree studios perfect location and great for wetherspoons downstairs , warm , comfy , car parking a bonus too , lovely irish lady on reception , would stay again for 1 night if going to studios .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulineS177
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Worst place I have ever stayed. Dirty bed linen which was see through (so very old), a dripping shower, no pressure, dirty toilet and sink. Dirty bathroom floor, dirty carpet. All in all terrible experience. Just not worth the money you spend there.

Room Tip: Avoid room 25.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gerard_expat
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I would not want to stay too long here as it is not that sort of establishment ,but if you need a room for the night when visiting the studios (for example)as we were then it is ideal,it`s sensibly priced has a bed a shower a telly, tea and coffee and a private car park.what more do you need ? the person who took our booking and greeted us was very friendly and helpful ,they will also do early check ins .if you want what Lenny Henry discribes then it is not here but I would say you get better value for money long term by staying here. there is a good brekkies at a good price around the front at the wetherspoons also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teignmouthtraveler
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I booked this hotel fairly last minute for 2 nights as we got tickets for a show at Eltree Studios. When i arrived i was met by a lovely Australian man on the reception desk who was more than happy to help. He showed me up to my room and carried my bag and he even came back upstairs with the free wifi code to save me having to go back down to reception to collect it.
I had booked a twin room as my mum and I were going to the show together, the room was very large and well equiped, the en suite was very clean. There was a tv, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary toiletries and even a decent hairdryer in the room. The beds were comfortable with crisp clean sheets and spare pillows in the wardrobe if needed also plenty of plug sockets in the room for all our gadgets.
The hotel is above a weatherspoons pub and on the high street, however we had no problems with noise or anything else to cause any disturbed sleep. If you drive there is free parking but if you arrive by train its only a 10 minute walk. The location for the studios could not be better as it is literally around the corner.
When we checked out after 2 pleasant nights in the hotel we got speaking to a lovely Irish lady on reception she let us keep our cases at the hotel while we went for breakfast before our train jouney home. When we returned for our cases the lovely lady was only to happy to bring our cases to us and offered to call us a cab if we wanted to head back to the station.
The staff were more than happy to help the whole time we were at the hotel, very friendly atmosphere and i am already planning a return journey but this time with my husband to do some sight seeing for a couple of days as its only 20 mins from central London.
There are no breakfast facilities but I would recommend the Borehamwood Cafe opposite the hotel the food is amazing and well priced and Zevi is lovely for an afternoon or evening meal.
So all in all no complaints at all, great value for money and would go again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank danigirl01978
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was a little dubious when choosing this hotel to stay in after reading the mixed reviews but I had absolutely no reason to and I would advise anyone reading this review to take note of my comments as I used to be in the events industry for 20 years and have stayed at 5* hotels all over the world so know what to expect - you pay for what you get - and for what you pay for this hotel it is very good, friendly/helpful lady on reception, clean room, sheets, towels, tv with sky, tea/coffee, safe car parking and free wifi. I would DEFINATELY recommend staying at this hotel - if you want quality décor, thick duvets, flash bathroom suites, plush carpet, air conditioning then pay twice as much and stay elsewhere - this is where I will be staying in the future and save some money too !!

Room Tip: My room was not facing the High Street so I could have the window open without there being too much...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank HHHH61
Reviewed 8 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ramada London North M1
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Holiday Inn London - Elstree M25, Jct 23

Been to Elstree Inn? Share your experiences!