“Budget hotel ok for a nights stay”
Review of Elstree Inn

Elstree Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with a friend had a twin and single room. Twin room was great size only negative was it was looking out into the main road with a Wetherspoons next door so very loud. Single room very small felt very clostraphobic. Staff very friendly and helpful would stay again as cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for four nights, in two single rooms, 14 and 7.
The staff on reception are very friendly and helpful. Unbidden, Nora brought us two free large glasses of lemonade to our rooms on arrival as it was a very warm day and we were obviously tired. During our stay she always asked about our day and helped with local info.
Room 7 is very small and the 'bathroom' could be mistaken for a cupboard. The shower floods the floor in there. If you have someone with a better room, I'd use their shower/bath! This room doesn't have a wardrobe either, just a couple of hangers on the door.
Room 14 is a good size with wardrobe, table with drawers and bedside unit. Only minus for me with this room was the broken shower head holder which meant you had to hold the shower head over yourself or place it precariously spraying to one side.
Both rooms had flat screen freeview TV, bedside lamp, kettle, hair dryer, coffee and tea, mini shower gel and mini shampoo. Room 14 had a trouser press.
Plenty of local eateries. We had good value meals at the local Wetherspoon's.
The hotel is very well placed for Elstree studios (5 minutes walk max) and about 12 minutes walk from the train station.

If you can, I'd check your room first on arrival, as it seems the quality of the rooms varies considerably. We tried to swap room 7 with a better room but unfortunately (for us) the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and 7 are single rooms. Avoid room 7 which is VERY small and is above Wetherspoon's ent...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, as we had tickets to watch a recording at the TV studios the next day.
The hotel is in walking distance of a number of shops, takeaways and the TV studios, so in a great location for us. We were able to get a good quality, cheap breakfast from the pub next door in the morning. Despite the hotel being next to a pub, there was very little noise to disturb us.
The receptionist was friendly, and engaged us in conversation before showing us to our room (15). She even let us stay parked at the hotel after we had checked out the next day, when we were at the studios.
The room was small, but we only really needed it to sleep in, so we weren't too bothered. I'd recommend bringing your own pillows, as the ones they offer are quite small, and there is only one each (on a double bed). The bed was pretty comfortable and we fell asleep quickly. The only problem with cleanliness that we noticed was that the bathroom bin hadn't been emptied before we arrived. It could do with a bit more ventilation, as the room was quite stuffy, even with the windows open constantly, although that will probably be different at other times of year. The kettle didn't work. We informed the receptionist before we left, and she said she would replace it. I was a little concerned about the safety and security of the room. Several of the electrical appliances were past their recommended testing date (including the kettle...). Also, the windows must have been broken, as they did not close, no matter what we tried.
For one night, at a relatively cheap price, the hotel was fine for what we needed it for, and my partner and I felt very welcomed. Whether it would be suitable for a longer stay, I'm not sure, but we would probably stay the night there again, if we return to the area.

Room Tip: Room 15 was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here on 17th May 2014 as we were at a wedding nearby. Paid £45 for a double room which was basic but was fine for us. All other hotels we could find in the area were far more expensive. If you are looking for 5 star go somewhere else and pay the price for it, but if you are looking for a good price then you won't find much cheaper than this. Staff friendly and helpful. Parking available right outside back door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whoisthatchild
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Came here on 2/5/14 for a nights stay with my partner. On arrival the women behind the counter was very helpfull and pleasant. . Got shown our room and it was ok.. its not worth the price you pay tho..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csquir3s
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at the Elstree Inn for just one night. I have been to London and surrounding area many times before and I have never slept as soundly as I did in this place. It is popular with workers, builders and BBC studio workers who have to get up at the crack of dawn which means the place is very quiet at night. I had a double ensuite. It was warm and clean and ideal for a lone traveller. The train station is about a 10 minute walk away (max) and the wifi is good too.

I would definitely use the Elstree Inn again

Room Tip: Room 15 is very quiet so ideal for anyone with an early start
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel, it is a good hotel which is why I keep going back!
The lady on reception is very friendly and will do anything to help. She put me in a bigger room halfway through my stay with no extra charge and no fuss. As I say, I have stayed here before and will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ChrWal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ramada London North M1
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Mercure London Watford Hotel

Been to Elstree Inn? Share your experiences!