“noisy” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Ramsgate
“noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

room ok but small, shower dated, resturants underneath so noisy, got woke up at 5,45 am by cars screaching past outside, free wi fi,

booked few weeks ago on internet, had phone call night before to tell me my room was cancelled as they had not updated the web site
i could not believe it,i booked as i needed to attend hospital appointment early next day and i live miles away from hospital,
then some how an hour later i got phone call to say that i could have room as there was a cancelation

Room Tip: maybe a back room may be quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brennda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The main downside for me was that the mattress might as well have not been there. It was really uncomfortable. But I didn't book with comfort in mind. It was cheap and I needed a room for one night as I daren't drive 8 hours in one day, so I split it over 2 days.

I stayed with my 1 year old in a single room, she actually had plenty of room to play, and it did have an en suite, when I booked, it said shared bathroom, so this was a massive plus.

I stayed near the entrance so there was a lot of noise on very noisy floorboards at all hours. But it wasn't horrendous. I did get some sleep.

The window was a catastrophe, it hung on by one hinge when I opened it, so it stayed closed!

The sink was big enough to bath baby in and the shower worked, badly, but it was really hot and I didn't really mind a cool shower. It did get warmer as I was ready to get out.

I think the photos are quite unfair. My room was clean, there were no signs of dust, dead bugs, stains, etc. You can have a cup if tea out of a clean cup. I'm not a fussy person, but I live with one, and it really isn't that bad.

Yes it needs updating. It looks about 30 years out of date so of course it's not going to be immaculate. Far from it. But I got a room with a lock on the door, space to play lego and a free parking space.

My sister stayed in another single at the front and said her room was fine, apart from her small sing being obstructed by a shelf so she struggled when brushing her teeth.

Really can't grumble.

Also, there is a Toby carvery not far away, 3.99 all you can eat breakfast buffet. So breakfast wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Very basic crash pad for an overnight stay after going to Wembley stadium. Our visit was made special though by the wonderful Nora who helped us with our taxi's and informed us where we could eat.Thank you Nora!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with a friend had a twin and single room. Twin room was great size only negative was it was looking out into the main road with a Wetherspoons next door so very loud. Single room very small felt very clostraphobic. Staff very friendly and helpful would stay again as cheap.

• Stayed June 2014
Lancashire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for four nights, in two single rooms, 14 and 7.
The staff on reception are very friendly and helpful. Unbidden, Nora brought us two free large glasses of lemonade to our rooms on arrival as it was a very warm day and we were obviously tired. During our stay she always asked about our day and helped with local info.
Room 7 is very small and the 'bathroom' could be mistaken for a cupboard. The shower floods the floor in there. If you have someone with a better room, I'd use their shower/bath! This room doesn't have a wardrobe either, just a couple of hangers on the door.
Room 14 is a good size with wardrobe, table with drawers and bedside unit. Only minus for me with this room was the broken shower head holder which meant you had to hold the shower head over yourself or place it precariously spraying to one side.
Both rooms had flat screen freeview TV, bedside lamp, kettle, hair dryer, coffee and tea, mini shower gel and mini shampoo. Room 14 had a trouser press.
Plenty of local eateries. We had good value meals at the local Wetherspoon's.
The hotel is very well placed for Elstree studios (5 minutes walk max) and about 12 minutes walk from the train station.

If you can, I'd check your room first on arrival, as it seems the quality of the rooms varies considerably. We tried to swap room 7 with a better room but unfortunately (for us) the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and 7 are single rooms. Avoid room 7 which is VERY small and is above Wetherspoon's ent...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mostyn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, as we had tickets to watch a recording at the TV studios the next day.
The hotel is in walking distance of a number of shops, takeaways and the TV studios, so in a great location for us. We were able to get a good quality, cheap breakfast from the pub next door in the morning. Despite the hotel being next to a pub, there was very little noise to disturb us.
The receptionist was friendly, and engaged us in conversation before showing us to our room (15). She even let us stay parked at the hotel after we had checked out the next day, when we were at the studios.
The room was small, but we only really needed it to sleep in, so we weren't too bothered. I'd recommend bringing your own pillows, as the ones they offer are quite small, and there is only one each (on a double bed). The bed was pretty comfortable and we fell asleep quickly. The only problem with cleanliness that we noticed was that the bathroom bin hadn't been emptied before we arrived. It could do with a bit more ventilation, as the room was quite stuffy, even with the windows open constantly, although that will probably be different at other times of year. The kettle didn't work. We informed the receptionist before we left, and she said she would replace it. I was a little concerned about the safety and security of the room. Several of the electrical appliances were past their recommended testing date (including the kettle...). Also, the windows must have been broken, as they did not close, no matter what we tried.
For one night, at a relatively cheap price, the hotel was fine for what we needed it for, and my partner and I felt very welcomed. Whether it would be suitable for a longer stay, I'm not sure, but we would probably stay the night there again, if we return to the area.

Room Tip: Room 15 was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here on 17th May 2014 as we were at a wedding nearby. Paid £45 for a double room which was basic but was fine for us. All other hotels we could find in the area were far more expensive. If you are looking for 5 star go somewhere else and pay the price for it, but if you are looking for a good price then you won't find much cheaper than this. Staff friendly and helpful. Parking available right outside back door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whoisthatchild
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#608 of 1,089 in London

Been to Elstree Inn? Share your experiences!