“Nice staff but dirty hotel”
Review of Elstree Inn

Elstree Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Room was really dirty and smell, bathroom was the worst part it had black mould in the shower and on the walls so we wouldn't have a shower there. However the staff were really friendly and the location is good with restaurants and shops around it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sarahba2

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Group of 5 staying for one night. room for 3 and a room for 2 both very nice, everything we needed was already supplied in room. Lovely owners, couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Very close to Wembley which was very good for us as we were there to see a gig

Would most defiantly recommend,

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Klee S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stopped one night as i was working the afternoon and evening on a film set.
Booked in early as i new if i did not, it would be early morning. Not 24 hour reception.
The nice Irish lady was fine with this and was welcoming and friendly.
The room was a single with ensuite and was fine and very clean. It was not noisy.
Car park was full when i came back at 3am in the morning but you can park for free on the street from 6pm to 8am. The car park was almost empty at 8am so i parked in there and went back to bed. Good location and there is plenty of shops / cafes near by. Also free wi-fi.
Would stay again as very good value.

1  Thank littlerick_uk
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good place to stay if your on a budget. Stayed for one night as I had a job interview in the area the next day. The nice Irish lady was very helpful and looked after my luggage for me during the day whilst I had my interview. Didn't get the job unfortunately but I enjoyed my stay. Thanks

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Nice friendly staff... Value for money... It was perfect for just a night in a very central location for anybody visiting Elstree studios and close to many restaurants and bars. The staff were very friendly and helpful and free wifi and access to a weatherspoons is always very useful.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

room ok but small, shower dated, resturants underneath so noisy, got woke up at 5,45 am by cars screaching past outside, free wi fi,

booked few weeks ago on internet, had phone call night before to tell me my room was cancelled as they had not updated the web site
i could not believe it,i booked as i needed to attend hospital appointment early next day and i live miles away from hospital,
then some how an hour later i got phone call to say that i could have room as there was a cancelation

Room Tip: maybe a back room may be quieter
1  Thank Brennda
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The main downside for me was that the mattress might as well have not been there. It was really uncomfortable. But I didn't book with comfort in mind. It was cheap and I needed a room for one night as I daren't drive 8 hours in one day, so I split it over 2 days.

I stayed with my 1 year old in a single room, she actually had plenty of room to play, and it did have an en suite, when I booked, it said shared bathroom, so this was a massive plus.

I stayed near the entrance so there was a lot of noise on very noisy floorboards at all hours. But it wasn't horrendous. I did get some sleep.

The window was a catastrophe, it hung on by one hinge when I opened it, so it stayed closed!

The sink was big enough to bath baby in and the shower worked, badly, but it was really hot and I didn't really mind a cool shower. It did get warmer as I was ready to get out.

I think the photos are quite unfair. My room was clean, there were no signs of dust, dead bugs, stains, etc. You can have a cup if tea out of a clean cup. I'm not a fussy person, but I live with one, and it really isn't that bad.

Yes it needs updating. It looks about 30 years out of date so of course it's not going to be immaculate. Far from it. But I got a room with a lock on the door, space to play lego and a free parking space.

My sister stayed in another single at the front and said her room was fine, apart from her small sing being obstructed by a shelf so she struggled when brushing her teeth.

Really can't grumble.

Also, there is a Toby carvery not far away, 3.99 all you can eat breakfast buffet. So breakfast wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ramada London North M1
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Holiday Inn London - Elstree M25, Jct 23

Been to Elstree Inn? Share your experiences!