“Excellent Hotel”

Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Excellent Place to stay, specially with family. This was our fourth stay at the place in last three years. Post our first stay at this hotel, this has become our only choice of hotel to stay in London. Some might think its far from down town but if you familiriase yourself with bus and train train routes, the place is only 25 minutes away from Kings Cross. The bus stops in front of the hotel, which takes you to elstree train station and Kings Cross is the sixth stop. The staff is very friendly and nice. The hotel rooms are very spacious, spotlessly clean and extremly comfortable. The bath rooms are also very clean and well equipped. I have stayed in many hotels in London and some very good ones. I can confidently rate the rooms at this premier inn better than many good hotels in London. We have also found lot of families staying at this place and the other guests are always decent and frriendly. We strongly reccomend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stay in this hotel 5-6 times a year, the staff are excellent, the rooms are clean the menu for food is very good. Everything you could possibly want. Without hesitation I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked four rooms during November to compliment the conference room I had reserved for two days to hold interviews on behalf of the company I work for. On the first day the conference room we were allocated was fine and we were told upon arrival that tea and coffee (complimentary within the price) was available from the bar area. Rather odd as this is normally in the room along with water that was also missing. We we also informed that lunch was to be from 12noon on the restaurant. During the morning we were disturbed twice by staff with room keys entering the room whilst we were interviewing. We went for lunch to be told that they had made a mistake and that it was not part of the package. Also that we would have to pay for tea and coffee in the afternoon! During the night of the stay, a colleague of mine had someone enter his room using a key in the middle of the night - all reported to the hotel the next morning. They had no answers but did offer the goodnight guarantee refund. The next day we were in a different meeting room that I can only describe as a store cupboard with four beds propped up against the walls. Not very attractive when you are trying to attract prospective new employees to your company. We have written an email to advise of our experiences but would be reluctant to use this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nonnie2807
Reviewed 1 January 2014

the staff at this premier inn were so very helpful and most of them knew times of buses ,trains underground and if one didn't know they would go and find out what a great help this was. the rooms were large, clean nice kettle to have a cuppa when you arrive definitely stay again

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Myself, husband and 2 kids stop with premier inn 3 times or so per year. (Our kids are 7 and 2). Overall was a good hotel. A problem with one of the beds being lumpy but it's the first time it's ever happened and the staff were fantastic and went out their way for us. Although a slightly uncomfortable experience I would still recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for the Strictly final and were really impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. The room was basic but spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable! 15 min walk to Elstree Studios.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

As very sadly my specialist hospital booked me a very unreasonable appointment time not fancying travel on the M25 in morning rush as I live a good 90 miles away from my specalist hospital, I booked in at hotel which is very near to my hospital. Now I am disabled ex-serviceman with an Assistance Dog my wife also is my carer.
Now the charity that gave me my dog use this chain regular for their staff who got to stay over night and as we use them also when doing talks and demos around the country.
But sadly of late this chain which has a Official Head Office Policy in relation to Assistance Dogs/Guide Dogs and it very good policy but sadly as has happen twice of late one being at this Inn the staff do not heed Head Office policy and use what they think is their own policy and as a result causes huge embarrassment and confrontational issues at the time of booking in.
So I suggest to any other disabled person or a person taking a blind person with Guide Dog to make it very clear to that Inn of the fact that you are bringing an Assistance Dog / Guide Dog and would they please refer to their Head Office official policy on these animals.
Also check out their policy on fire etc I was on the first floor with a power chair and my dog and yet got told nothing in relation what to do in the vent of a fire after all lifts are a no no in fire scenario.
Also ask about how many pillows you will have in your room as we only had two
Why Premier cannot have wet rooms I still wish to know as low sided bathes are still no good for me to use.
But saying this all clean nice decor if one other gripe the space between the side of my bed to the bedside cabinet was huge and stretching was the policy for this occasion so as I cannot stretch I put thing on the floor.
But for a night or two nights I highly recommend it but I close on pricing if I had booked this for a Friday it would have been £51 yet because of a Tuesday it was £65 so am I supporting the business class?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ramada London North M1
Ramada London North M1
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way

Been to Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel? Share your experiences!