“Good value very nice stay”

Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very easy to find, safe secure free barrier parking, very good. Friendly quick efficient welcome. Security continued with a card entry only to the lifts and of course your room (301)Being a lady traveller very reassuring.
Usual standard rooms, but there was a bucket chair - perfect for me. Bed not as comfy, but I slept fine. Windows opened to, so freshair!
The siting of this prem inn perfect for me as I was working at Barnet Hospital.
Food and bar on site. Food was delightful, more importantly being a very plain eater the food was delivered as per my request,I stayed 3 nights and the chef remembered, very impressed made me feel special. If I could say 1 negative comment, not a very nice area to sit outside and relax with a drink ( it was nice weather) but i would definately stay here again. The local amenities soon at your disposal, lots of varied shops and restaurants, the turkish restaurant was great. Thank you prem inn Borehamwood :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank E1OVO

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My company had booked us into the travel lodge over the road, the staff in there was appalling didn't even know we3 had pre booked ??? then when I got to my supposedly family room it was only a double!! so I went down stairs cancelled my stay in the travel lodge and went over the road to the Premiere in!!!! and all I can say it was an excellent stay from start to finish!!

1  Thank Luvmypies
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed as a long weekend base for Legoland (40mins drive away) & London town with our two children aged 5 & 8.
Location was perfect, a short bus walk to the train station then 20 Mins journey to the central London underground.
We stayed 4 nights & couldn't fault anything.
Great buffet breakfast, the kids ate really well for free which was fab & sets them up for the day ahead.
Although we didnt spend much time in the rooms (mainly just to sleep after a busy dasy out), ours was quiet, v clean & tidy, exactly what's needed. We had 2 single beds for the children which worked well with plenty of room.
Extremeley helpful staff all round & would definitley stay here again & recommend

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Imo39
Reviewed 22 June 2014

For £29 per room my son and I each had a room which was clean, comfortable and had all the essentials. The breakfast for £8.99 each was good, plenty of choice and organised by an efficient friendly Scottish lady. Plenty of parking, and wi-fi only £3/24 hours. However, I would not eat in the Thyme restaurant again - its a dismal place. I had "Tempura" prawns which were in a thick greasy batter which didnt resemble Tempura-style at all, and then a very dry burger. A glass of nasty white wine didnt help.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BrizbabeM32
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a clean, smart, quiet option for staying in the Borehamwood area. When offered at a special price it cannot be matched and is often even cheaper than either of the nearby Travelodges. Easy to find and with excellent free car parking

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel and it's staff are fantastic. I felt welcomed by the receptionist as soon as I entered the door and they are so helpful, pointing you in the right direction for local facilities and checking that everything is fine with your stay.
The food in this establishment lets the hotel down. Tasteless soup, overpriced salads and a limited menu that is ok if you want a burger.
But as with any Premier Inn, the comfort of the rooms is paramount and did not fail.

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Although we checked in online it still took time to get our key etc. There are no self service check ins like some of the newer Premier Inns. Although we booked a slot in the restaurant the hotel had no knowledge of it and claimed the restaurant was full. It was up to us to suggest a solution, the staff were hopeless. They did however give us our food free.

Reception was also left unmanned for long periods of time which seemed to frustrate a large number of guests.

The room was spotless apart from a huge amount of hair blocking the plughole in the bath! Room size was impressive and had everything we needed.

All in all an average stay in what could be a great location if customer service was improved.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a busy road but rooms are sound proofed. To ensure quite try and get a room overlooking...