Review Highlights
Great PPL instruction

Completed my PPL here in June 2018. They were very flexible in accommodating my erratic work... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2018
BPH117
Redruth
A great experience

I was given a flying experience as a present at MAK flying school. The staff were friendly and... read more

Reviewed 19 June 2018
BrianJ77
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom

All reviews flying experience ppl malcolm asif training khan instructor aircraft approach comments airfield present elstree
Reviewed 30 May 2015

I recently obtained my Fixed Wing licence. I already have a Rotary Licence. The flying was fun with keen and extremely helpful instructors, happily sharing their experience. Safety is a priority with MAK and it is overseen by Assif who has more than 17,000 flying hours. His gentle and knowledgeable approach is both reassuring and very beneficial. Malcolm, another pilot of serious flying hours and an Air Racer of note, is ever present to assist and accommodate you and your requirements. Danny who did my final instruction and whom I had booked for an hour said to me after 30 minutes " enough, I don't need to take any more of your money; you're ready to take your test " - testament that your situation both in training terms as well as financial is paramount, something not always that obvious in other schools. Dave, always a cheery smile is well worth having some lessons with, for the record.
I can't recommend them highly enough.

2  Thank poggiobello1
Reviewed 29 May 2015

I have just finished my fixed wing training which was a great joy and enormous fun. A relaxed and friendly bunch of chaps happy to share their knowledge and not in any way pushy with regard to notching up extra hours to bolster their pay. Just prior to my test, I did a few circuits with Danny who after 30 minutes and three landings, said to me "enough, I don't need to take any more of your money" in spite of the fact that I had budgeted for one hours training. Overseen by Assif with 17,000 hours flying experience, always willing and happy to offer advice. The 5 * experience !

3  Thank Ronald C