Review Highlights
Good little flying school

After having my PPL issued, I wanted to start flying closer to home. Saw the reviews for MAK and... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2019
sam131997
A good trip

Had a two way trip with 2 of us. One landing and back again with the other in the front. A bit of... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2019
Colin-Katrina
Kent, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2015

I recently obtained my Fixed Wing licence. I already have a Rotary Licence. The flying was fun with keen and extremely helpful instructors, happily sharing their experience. Safety is a priority with MAK and it is overseen by Assif who has more than 17,000 flying hours. His gentle and knowledgeable approach is both reassuring and very beneficial. Malcolm, another pilot of serious flying hours and an Air Racer of note, is ever present to assist and accommodate you and your requirements. Danny who did my final instruction and whom I had booked for an hour said to me after 30 minutes " enough, I don't need to take any more of your money; you're ready to take your test " - testament that your situation both in training terms as well as financial is paramount, something not always that obvious in other schools. Dave, always a cheery smile is well worth having some lessons with, for the record.
I can't recommend them highly enough.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank poggiobello1
Reviewed 29 May 2015

I have just finished my fixed wing training which was a great joy and enormous fun. A relaxed and friendly bunch of chaps happy to share their knowledge and not in any way pushy with regard to notching up extra hours to bolster their pay. Just prior to my test, I did a few circuits with Danny who after 30 minutes and three landings, said to me "enough, I don't need to take any more of your money" in spite of the fact that I had budgeted for one hours training. Overseen by Assif with 17,000 hours flying experience, always willing and happy to offer advice. The 5 * experience !

Date of experience: April 2015