“Nice room but not perfect stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
England
“Nice room but not perfect stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Firstly this is a genuine review and my personal experience.
I have stayed here for two days and have found that the room was very comfortable although it was noisy from early morning traffic maybe double glazing could be considered.My towels were not changed on one day and I had to request these to be changed as they were dirty and wet.
The breakfast was in my view one of the worst I have encountered on my travels and I travel alot.
The scrambled egg was literally disgusting the containers for the food do NOT keep the food piping hot as the items at the bottom of the container are warm but at the top the food is cold.I did mention this to the staff but to be honest they did not seem bothered.The breakfasts need a total overhaul and a rethink.Try looking at the Premier Inn they have got it right! Alot of people were complaining while I was there and the tables were not even clean sometimes really no excuse here just bad management.When checking in there was a very unhappy customer making a scene about their room shower and it was not a nice environment.
Very disappointing to be honest.
Things could be alot better especially the food and remember people will eat in the hotel if the food is good and spend money which is more profit.
Hotel not recommended unfortunately.

Room Tip: Trya to get a room away from the main road if possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Melih Yanik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 night whilst having treatment at the orthopaedic hospital at stanmore (10 minutes away) hotel was easy to find with a big council car park at the rear- you can get a voucher to park all day for free. The room was very clean with a comfy bed;we slept really well. Typical ibis toilet "pod" but this is a budget hotel which is half the price of seem of the hotels nearby. Staff were very friendly and we ate at the bar on the first nightmare. I had the tastiest gammon I have had.for ages at a good price. The only downside is the.noise - we had a room at the front and then is quite a lot of traffic noise. We had to open the window as we couldn't make the air con work and the road infront was very noisy throughout the night. However it wouldn't stop us staying again and I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the noise

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Used this for over a week. Room was fine but noise is an issue. The room door has very little acoustic isolation. I was woken up several times each night by people's doors shutting and inconsiderate guests speaking loudly to each other/knocking on doors etc.
The main problem however was the local youths using the large council car park at the rear for impromptu football matches (don't ever park your car there overnight), shouting and hollering for an hour or two some nights, and, even more annoying, the car park appears to be a meeting place for 3 or 4 young drivers who love to race their vehicles round the car park while having most of their exhaust system removed
It was possible to shut the window (although it involved slamming it very hard to get it to shut), but then the room heated up making it all a bit uncomfortable. Although there is an aircon unit in the room, the hotel cannot turn this on unless the temperature outside exceeds 18 degrees.
All in all, if you have to stay there, and want a decent night's sleep, ask for a room at the far end of a corridor, on a high level floor, and overlooking the front main road not the rear car park.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room facing the main road to avoid noise nuisance from large council car park at...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 17 March 2014

Wishaw, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Used this as a base on a recent weekend trip to London due to getting a good price when we booked. We were more than happy with the stay.

Rooms were spotless, staff friendly and gave us a comfortable nights sleep at the end fo 2 long busy days spent in Central London. It is slightly out the way for getting to Central London but a short bus trip from the bus stop opposite the hotel and a 20 min train ride and you are in St Pancras station. would happily stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice hotel booked on line,just to be outside London.Esay access from motor ways,not far away from Warner brops studios...quite comfortable rooms,easy to visit the surrownding area.Goood rates for rooms,well recomented.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank grlover59

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

good budget hotel, we booked early and got it for £32
not far from rail station for central London about 15 mins walk(£5 by taxi)
trains to London Blackfriars/london bridge which is as close to the centre as you want to be
rooms clean, comfortable and well presented
beds comfortable
bar on the expensive side, but it is London so its what you expect
staff helpful and attentive
free wi-fi works and is not that complicated to set up
parking is free in the hotel car park and you get a pass to display if you have to use the public car park which is behind the hotel, hotel is easy enough to find and is not far off the M25 or A1
breakfast a little dissapointing, would give this a miss if we stay again and go elsewhere
top end of the budget range of hotels, expect we will stay here again
note:- bit of noise from the road if you are on the front, but its not a major problem

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Melih Yanik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#608 of 1,089 in London
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!