“Book this if you nothing to do with central london”

Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Book this if you nothing to do with central london”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

OMG !!! even after travelling for 20 years. How I could do such a mistake. please book this only if you have NOTHING to do with central London as this hotel does not even appear on London tube network. I booked this going by ratings and affordability factor but moment I landed in London and checked with few friends ,I realised it better to skip this and booked fresh hotel which costed me lots of $$$$..300 to be exact for just 1 night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Melih Yanik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Golspie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you're planning to visit the Elstree studios, you couldn't be much closer than this Ibis Hotel, which is just a two minute walk from the visitor entrance. Being a chain, it offers no surprises: it's clean and comfortable and geared up for business people on short-term stays. The car park is too small, but if you have to use the public car park when the hotel car park is full, you can get a voucher for free parking which you just put in your windscreen, and the walk is no distance at all.

It's a routine budget hotel that doesn't the pulse racing and ticks most of the boxes you'd want from an overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

yorkshire, England
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night as we were going to the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley. We arrived at noon and were quickly booked in by the friendly receptionist after parking our car in the free car park. Stayed at this hotel six years ago and were happy to return. Within walking distance of Elstree Train Station for travel into London. Visited a pub in Elstree showing Sky Sports which we found to be really friendly. The hotel room was very comfortable with a comfy bed so we had a good nights sleep. Liked the bathroom with an excellent shower. Will definately return when we visit London again.

Room Tip: You could hear traffic noise from the busy road so would try a room overlooking the car park next ti...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Excellent stay. Had a great night's sleep. Small-ish rooms but hey, it's an Ibis. Clean room/shower. Free parking. Great location if you're driving to London, quite close to the M1. Definitely more than what I was expecting. Would probably stay here if I'm in the vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 14 April 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have stayed in the Travelodge in Borehamwood and the Ibis is 100 times better. Room was spotless, service quick and friendly and it has the added bonus of a bar. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it as is the best value option around.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel, with most things u need but have seen better. Bed was hard, bathroom well some sort of plastic room added to bedroom, very noisy and smell come out when people on top have shower or use the toilet.
Not horrible, i suppose ok for a night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Melih Yanik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ramada London North M1
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Mercure London Watford Hotel
Village Hotel London Watford

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!