“Weekend away before work”

Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool
“Weekend away before work”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked two nights using Accor points and top us cash...

Decent Ibis, slightly dirtier than normal (in the shower only). No recognition of Gold Accor card but that is quite regular these days anyway.

Good thing, they still give out to everyone an 'I' newspaper and sundays it turns into the Indy on Sunday, so that bumps up the review a bit.

Apart from the non-recognition of gold status, staff as good as they have been in the past.

Decent hotel and 10 min walk to train station and 25 mins into St Pancras, so not too bad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Melih Yanik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stopped over at the Ibis while house hunting in the area and found it easy to find and park. The staff seem to be trained on multiple departments and can jump from each which has both pros and cons, I was trying to inform them of a problem with one of the lifts (water all over the floor?!) and had to wait a while to be seen because they were serving at the bar right next to the reception.
Room was nice, clean & simple. Bed was Really comfortable!! But I think I could hear next doors air conditioning buzzing all night. It wasn't super loud but we didn't need ours on so it was a bit annoying for a light sleeper.

Good for a stopover but not a long stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night whilst working in London. Nice quiet room at the back of the hotel which was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and the shower excellent. Parking is free and there is plenty of it. Helpful reception staff, so nothing to complain about for the money paid. :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights and it's the perfect budget hotel. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Bathroom is a bit compact but very modern and clean. Had a bit of a problem getting our room keys to work at first but this was quickly resolved. Never had a problem with noise or disturbances either.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here on business and the 2nd review I've written for it. arrived fairly late on Monday night (around 9.30pm) and was looking for food. 1st key for room didn't work but when I went back down the guy on reception was very apologetic and came back up with me, changed my room and made sure key worked. When I got down to order food I was worried as I was feeling fussy, ordered Margerita pizza at £8.95 then wondered if it would be microwaved! How wrong could I be, delicious, freshly baked pizza with a generous salad with delicious dressing. Breakfast great, even the scrambled egg survived. Great value only a 20 min train journey from central London. On this basis I have booked rooms for 7 of us in Dublin at the Ibis in July, fingers crossed!

Room Tip: If you're easily disturbed ask for a room at the back, but tbh with the window closed even the f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Ayamonte, Spain
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The bed was comfortable enough, the pod bathroom was strange, had to remember to step in and out and functioned well enough.

Staff uninterested, they do not supply hand towels only bath towels, a real no no for me, they never offered an extra towel. Room was very hot, room air-conditioning did not work (apparently it is controlled by the outside temperature) neither did the phone connection to reception. Had to leave the window open which added to the noise level. Only snack meal available on a Sunday evening. Stain on bedroom carpet. Carpet squares in dining area dirty and curling up. Tables not cleaned after previous diners. Morning staff unhelpful, paced the floor between our table and bar to window and back throughout most of breakfast. The buffet breakfast at 7.95 was not really worth it. Tea/coffee hot water all out of same machine. Bread dry and toast machine kept being turned down.Completely ignored my complaint in the morning about the non working phone and air con. Not a patch on the Ibis in Tours France. I notified Booking.com of my unhappiness at service and condition of the hotel, the hotel was to contact me but never did ( no surprise) they did reply to Booking.com who forwarded me the email. It was not satisfactory though. I decided to give up and note not to return there.

Room Tip: Ask to the check room and ask if aircon is switched on.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Melih Yanik

Travellers are raving about these Borehamwood hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Mercure London Watford Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Holiday Inn London - Elstree
#625 of 1,068 in London

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!