“Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Worcester
“Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

After my only stay at an Ibis I have avoided this chain for over twenty years. They were just too budget and basic. I only booked this Ibis because the location was perfect for my visit to Elstree. I must say that Ibis have changed. The room was really quite comfortable and air conditioned (which helped in the hot weather). It did not feel basic or budget. I had a perfectly pleasant stay at this hotel.

There was some noise of children running around in the corridors but this stopped before 11pm. Thicker carpets would help this. I had a slight smell of sewage in my bathroom on the final morning. All very minor really.

I would consider Ibis in future if the location was suitable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melih Yanik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Clean rooms... Brilliant staff kordelija on the bar is as gorgeous as ever she is brilliant company... Ismail on front of house is also a great man both went above and beyond the call of duty do anything for you... Lovely peopl

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Doops88

Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We think the Ibis staff at Elstree are the best Hotel staff your going to come across! They are helpful and efficient nothing is to much for making your stay at the Ibis a happy one, from supplying you with local information and sorting out any small problem that may arrive quickly and happily. You can reley on the lovely recepition manager Zusanah to the rest of the staff ( who we would mention by name if there was enough from in this review) for making your stay a happy one. . .The rooms are clean with wonderfully comfortable beds and crisp white linen bedding. The showers are large and practical and clean... We sampled quite a variety of food on the menu during our stay from the cooked breakfast to steak, which we found to be tasty, fresh and well cooked.. So we would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to all the staff at the Ibis Elstree.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank H B
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Melih Yanik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
#613 of 1,089 in London
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Jurys Inn London Watford
Village Hotel London Watford

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!