“A Saturday Stay”

Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We arrived at around 9pm on Saturday evening.

The receptionist was quite curt. No pleasantries, no explanations, no questions or information about breakfast or car parking.

We were checked quickly, given our room key and......that's it.

Our room was a standard IBIS room at the back of the hotel. It was clean, functional and quiet (although in the night we did hear some noise from another room elsewhere in the hotel).

Check-out was quick the following morning.

We walked from Elstree railway station in about 20 minutes and (depending where you are) it's a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre. There's a Tesco's and McDonalds less than a 5 minute walk away for those who don't wish to have breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Borehamwood is a nice little place and a good base for exploring London. The ibis, just a short walk into town is clean, easy to find and reasonably priced. Elstree studios are just around the corner for all the film buffs out there.

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor which gave us a nice view of the countryside
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisLondonElstree, General Manager at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here for three nights in August and first impressions were very good. Plenty of parking spaces available, checking in was easy and fast, the rooms were clean and spacious, the shower cubicle, both my wife and I thought was huge with plenty of hot fast water, free WiFi and a TV with plenty of channels to choose from, there was no complaints whatsoever. The bad part was breakfast. We paid extra when we booked in order to have a cooked breakfast, yet each day we were asked to pay extra to upgrade from continental breakfast (cornflakes) to English breakfast. Each day I had to prove that we had already paid when we booked for a cooked breakfast. The English breakfast, although buffet style, eat as much as you want, consisted of sausage, scrambled eggs, beans, bacon and hash browns. Alas if you happened to be in the queue and they had run out of let's say hash browns, you then had to wait until more had been cooked, so very often cooked breakfast only consisted of two or three items, and it wasn't always warm and not too appetising.
We would use Ibis again, but in future we will skip breakfast and perhaps find the local Tesco's and eat a warm cooked breakfast in their restaurant and save ourselves a couple of pounds also.

Please stay here in the Ibis in Borehamwood, just skip the breakfast

1  Thank Walkers01

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stop here quite frequently due to work and I find the hotel very clean and all the staff really helpful and friendly. The restaurant has a good menu and it is reasonably priced. The hotel is close to the town centre with nearby pubs and restaurants if needed, it is also quite close to the station.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Carl C

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I arrived just after check in time. I was given a card for room which was already occupied. When I went back down to reception, to get another card to find that it hadn't been registered on the computer. Both occasions I felt that it was my fault for this. I went to open the window (saw that there was air con in the room) went to shut it and found I couldn't... Took me a good 10 minutes to adjust the window in order for it to shut.

1  Thank AndMor247

Melih Yanik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
#3 of 6 in Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Mercure London Watford Hotel
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Been to Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood? Share your experiences!