“Superrrrrr!!!”

Price range: US$18 - US$49
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

As a vegetarian, the chef was happy to prepare a special meal (twice) for me to match my partners meal. Everything was very fresh, the level of detail in the presentation was intricate... Delicious!! The staff was friendly, helpful, and kind. The price was very reasonable; the terrace was lovely, with a waterfall to add ambiance.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The restaurant doesn't look very much from the road but the outside areas of the converted mill make an attractive setting for dinner. The restaurant also has an indoor dining area which is decorated in a fairly contemporary style. The meal was good value at 207 euros for 4 people for 4 courses, a bottle of wine, 2 aperitifs and coffees. I would recommend the turbot for 2 to share for the main course which is very reasonably priced. I had the scallops and prawns to start with a red fruit sauce. The seafood was good but must admit it wasn't a combination I would personally try again. My husband and son both had different cuts of steak which they said were really tasty. All of the desserts we chose were really good, would recommend the fondant. Service was good and very friendly. Would recommend a visit and they currently have discounts available on the food.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I really like this place for an excellent lunch at excellent value in a superb atmosphere. The inside dining is within an old watermill where all the old equipment remains as does the old rustic rock walls. In summer the outside terrace and gardens are wonderful and spacious. The service is really good and finally the cooking is a cross between Provencal classic and top of the line gastronomy. The prices at lunch are wonderful while in the evening the prices reflect the regular level for the Cote d'Azur.
I live locally and have taken many friends here and all have been impressed and tell me that it was memorable for them. My mother years later still remembers the beautiful appetisers uniquely presented and that was just the lunch standard menu offering!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Visited this restaurant today with wife and daughter in law. We were on our way back from watching a stage of the Tour de France in the vicinity and needed to eat lunch so we decided to give the Moulin a go.
What a great decision!
For €19 we had a very acceptable three course lunch including glass of wine and coffee. Wine glass was a bit small, but in spite of that, it must have been the best value around for miles. Good choice of starters and mains. I had a marinated salmon dish followed by a duo of fish with a thai sauce. Wife had a Caillette de Porc à la Provençale Maison to start, which was really tasty. If you enjoy “restaurant cinema”, you got some of that too. The mains arrived complete with serving covers (as in certain types of “great” restaurants) … best part was that there was only one waitress free so, as she could only manage two covers, one of us had to uncover their own dish. All part of a restaurant showing an appreciation of the elements of service and art of restaurants, and having a bit of fun at the same time. And all for just €19.
I figured that the third course – desert – would have to be average, or below. But no. They didn’t ask what we wanted, but each of us received what they called L’assiette Gourmande du Moulin. This was an individual plate containing a mini pear charlotte, a mini ile flottante, a mini chocolate mille feuille and a shot of expresso.
Good to see you can still get this sort of nice surprise in a cynical and rip-off age.
We left the Moulin, well fed and with a smile on our faces.
Nice one!

1  Thank raysy
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Good atmosphere, quality food and good-value menu choices plus a lovely, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable waitress/manager (who also spoke some english).