“Wonderful apartment with stunning views!”
other travellers have booked this property
Spello, North-South View (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#1 Living Room (photo copyright Geoff Beatty) Unit#1 Master Bedroom (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spello, North-South View (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#1 Living Room (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#1 Master Bedroom (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#1 Master Bedroom (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#1 Master Bathroom (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#1 Kitchen and Breakfast Area (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit #1 Hallway with Hand Painted Ceramics (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#2 Master Bedroom (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Garden Entrance to Unit#3 (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Unit#3 Upper and Lower Bedrooms (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Entry to Unit#4 (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Spello Walkways (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
East View of the Town of Spello (copyright Geoff Beatty)
Sunset View from Casa Spello (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Spello Countryside (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Sunflowers in Spello Countryside (photo copyright Geoff Beatty)
Fall at Montefalco
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Kate H
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful apartment with stunning views!”
Reviewed 29 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Casa Spello....what a wonderful place to stay! From the moment we booked with Gina, the promptness of replies, attention to detail and information we were sent was fantastic. Nadia, the key lady who met us was wonderful! Her customer service was exceptional when she offered to made numerous phone calls trying to find my sisters lost luggage. With Nadia's persistence, the courier finally delivered it!
The apartments had everything we needed to cook our own meals and relax in the terrace garden overlooking the Umbrian countryside. We loved the village life and enjoyed going to the little grocer and deli daily to purchase what we needed for the day. There are also some wonderful restaurants in Spello! For two couples, the Marc Anthony Apartment and the adjoining Cleopatra Apartment were perfect for our stay as it gave us extra space.
There is only one taxi in Spello and the driver is fantastic. We booked him for the day to go to Assisi and Montefalco, but we would hire a car next time (yes, we want to go back to Casa Spello again!) so we could experience a lot more of this beautiful area in Italy.

Linda G
“Great apartment in magical Umbrian village”
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We were 4 adults staying in Tiberius. It was a perfect apartment as it had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which gave us a lot of room for our 3 week stay. The apartment had everything you could need. Lots of kitchen utensils to make meals and plenty of blankets/towels/sheets/etc. We really enjoyed the garden and the sunset drinks on the deck.
Gina was fabulous and very helpful with information prior to our arrival. Nadia met us to check us in.
We used the local taxi to transfer us from the Rome Airport after a long flight from Australia which cost around E240.00 for 4 adults. A little more expensive than the train but after 35 hours on a plane, we thought it would be easier to get picked up. Casmiro collected us at the airport and transferred us to Spello without any hassles. We also used Casmiro for a few short trips during our stay, he is very conveniently parked in the piazza.
I would highly recommend Casa Spello for accommodation. Spello was a fantastic village. After 3 weeks, we felt like we were a part of the community, everyone is so friendly.

Lagger95
Burlington, Ontario
“Quirky!”
Reviewed 3 February 2017 for a stay in October 2016

Six of us stayed at Casa Spello in Oct in the Tiberius unit. Nadia, the keyholder, met us in the town square and helped us get the luggage up the hill. She was available by text anytime we needed her assistance. It was much appreciated. Casa Spello is an ancient building with modern amenities. The kitchen and bathrooms are very well designed. There is not much storage in two of the bedrooms but there is a hall closet available to the twin bedroom. There are lots of extra blankets and towels available. The views across the valley are spectacular. Gina contacted us right away after the earthquake in the area to reassure us that Spello was unaffected. She was also helpful when we had to call her in the night when the fire alarm was going off. The wifi is not strong in most of the unit but cellular reception works near the bedroom windows. This is not surprising with the thick stone walls but each unit would benefit from having its own router.

4 Feb 2017
Thank you for your review. Since you stayed with us the fire alarm which went off during your visit has been changed. It was not working and went off by mistake! We have also added a powerful booster to the WIFI in this unit which has been working much better. The booster has enhanced the connection.
Thank you for staying at Casa Spello and please come and visit us again.
Gina Waldman, Owner manager of Casa Spello Tiberius
Mary R
“Under the spell in SPELLO”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

CASA SPELLO is the perfect place to stay in Italy for a long or short visit. It is centrally located, a short walk to the train station. The apartment has everything you need including a garden with sunset views. Whether it is Roman ruins or gourmet fare..you have it all. If the owners are on site you'll have an extra bonus. They know all the off the beaten path villages, festivals and markets. I spent a month in the Cleopatra unit and still had things on my to do list. I may have to go back!

Maria138
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Under the spell of SPELLO”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This is the perfect choice for the person who has sped around Italy and is ready to now really savor the flavor of "the green heart of Italy" I stayed in the Cleopatra apartment for a month and found it comfortable and centrally located. Everything in the town was a few steps away and with the train station a short walk - the rest of Italy was at my doorstep. I especially liked the garden where I could enjoy a morning capuchino while watching the mist rise or an evening glass of Greccheto - the local wine- while watching the sun set over the Umbrian plain. Whether you want to use Spello as a homebase and explore nearby town markets and festivals or are interested in exploring roman ruins and local food, I would recommend Casa Spello.

13 Dec 2016
It was a pleasure having you stay at Cleopatra Unit at Casa Spello.
I enjoyed meeting you and visiting so many places together. Especially I want to thank you for helping me collect funds to help the earthquake victims in Italy and coming with me to deliver the funds to Amatrice for their Hospital. Casa Spello will always be your home in Italy, please come back to visit us .
Thanks for your wonderful reviews, yes our sunsets are the best in Umbria! Best wishes, your hostess, Gina
paca_9
Nth East Victoria
“Wonderful apartment in gorgeous Umbrian hilltown”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Review Casa Spello

I stayed in Marc Antony apartment at Casa Spello in mid October with my sister and her husband. The apartment was perfect for our requirements. Modern appliances with everything working well. Lovely décor with Persian rugs and Deruta pottery on the walls. The Marc Antony apartment is on the ground floor and from it you can see a beautiful view especially at sunset. There are tables and chairs where you can eat alfresco in a pretty garden setting. Nadia looks after the apartments for Gina and was always available to help. She is a lovely person and we met some of her children who are students at the local school. Gina was easy to communicate with by e-mail.
We did not have a car and found travelling by train and bus very convenient. It is a bit of a workout climbing up the hill from the train station but nothing too arduous. ( We are in our mid 60s) Spello is a gorgeous hill town and there is plenty to do in the town itself.
I am a bit of a walker so one day I dragged my relations along the walk to Collepino along the old Roman aqueduct where we had lunch at the taverna. The views are amazing. The last part of the walk is fairly steep, but the reward of a good meal kept us moving. Another day I walked along the Francigena Way( Way of St Francis) to Foligno and also in the opposite direction( on another day) along the same Francigena Way to Assisi. The other places we visited were Trevi, Spoleto, Montefalco and Bevagna.
I would highly recommend Casa Spello as a wonderful vacation rental in bella Spello.

How easy was it to book the property?
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
nickandel...
Elk Grove, California
“Amazing gem, amazing view, amazing staff”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My mom and I had a trip of our lifetime last month to celebrate her 70th birthday. Spello was absolutely charming. And it was so perfectly situated to other beautiful towns. We just couldn't even squeeze in everything we wanted to do in 2 weeks. Casa Spello was an ideal spot for us. As we walked up our first night we realized that it is actually built into the wall of the city, which means it has a supreme view. We bought local pastas and produce and cooked in the kitchen. We were in a lower unit, the Mark Anthony, and it stayed amazingly cool. Many of our meals were in the lovely garden, with the view. Nadia was wonderful, helping us with all of our questions and treating us like old friends. And Gina was great, also answering all of our many questions ahead of time (we are not world travelers so had a lot of them!) I would most definitely recommend Casa Spello. Just need to figure out how to get back there again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
9 Aug 2016
When we rent Casa Spello, I supply a lot of information which I send to clients before their arrival. The information contains itineraries, list of events ,how to take trains in Italy, what to avoid and what to explore. I also supply a list of romantic itineraries. Our clients like you and your mother , cherish the useful information and have said that they consider it the best travel guide. I want our guests to come to our beautiful house, but I also want them to experience Spello and surroundings and the beauty Umbria has to offer.
Paying attention to our guests and making sure they are having a great time is our first priority. No matter how many questions they may ask me, big or small, I always respond to all of their emails the best I can. Thank you for the review, come back to Casa Spello, your home in Umbria.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing