All reviews lovely meal cooked to perfection high standard carvery conservatory
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My Husband and i spent last night at the Newmachar Hotel,as we were at our friends Wedding Reception.The room was spacious with an extra king size bed,beautifully furnished and with a huge mounted T.V and docking station.The Bathroom was also 5 star,all the latest fittings and lovely fluffy towels.There is a breakfast kitchen that you help yourselves,take away or take to your room.Juice,Cereal,Fresh Fruit,Bread for toast,Croissants and Muffins and lovely coffee and hot water for tea.We also had a great lunch,and the restaurant was open all day which was a bonus.Great time at Newmachar Hotel.x

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

where do i start. Well a smile from staff wouldn't go a miss. Attitude from staff can seriously do with improvement. I think i would be comfier sleeping on bricks beds very uncomfy. Staff failed to mention there was roadworks being carried out.so the view from room was SPECTACULAR...NOT. Rudely awakened in morning by uncalled banging by staff downstairs. All in all rooms are certainly not worth £70. And i strongly advise not to use this hotel.. From a very unhappy customer. Kieran Oliveira..p.s be expecting a very strong complaint letter.

2  Thank keezo91
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel with family for an overnight and was very impressed. All the room were immaculately clean and tidy. Set up of rooms and the self service kitchen for breakfast was a faboulous idea. We travelled with kids, which at times can be a worry, however the childrens play area at the side of the hotel was a great hit with the kids. Well set up and fenced off., All staff were very friendly and helpful. A special thanks must go to Linda who took our complicated booking, Grant for being so welcoming and accomodating and to Daniel for helping to arrange transport to the next village. We all had a great stay and would definately return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I am absolutely disgusted with the way I have been treated by the Newmachar Hotel. I tried to book my son's first birthday party for Saturday 6th Oct, only to be told (two days later) that there was a BBQ booked for that day, that hadn't been written in the book when I inquired, but was 'a long standing booking'. So I booked the Sunday instead, and invited family and friends - including some coming up especially from England - only to be told on Monday that you are cancelling us, in favour of a coach load of people for lunch! I know you offered us a later time, but who has a children's 1st birthday party at 4pm on a Sunday?! With 3 weeks notice, finding another venue will be nigh on impossible. It feels like you've ruined my son's first birthday. We had intended to have a meal with you on the Friday night as well, for 15 people, but you can forget having our custom now.

I have also informed all of my friends and family, many of whom will now no longer be your customers - and you can count yourselves lucky I'm not suing for breach of contract, as that is what you have broken

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank EmmaMcP
Reviewed 6 August 2012

At first glance you might overlook this small hotel...dont make that mistake and make sure you take a look or better still give it a try. You will most certainly be pleasantly surprised. the warmest of welcomes and once shown to your room you will be very comfortable, everything you could need is right here.
Do yourself another favour and dont eat before you arrive...the restaurant is fabulous, the menu is comprehensive and the chef worth his weight in gold...very quick service and the food was fantastic. if ever in the area again I will make sure to stay here again.

Room tip: King size room (No4) was terrific but there was some traffic noise with the window open.
Date of stay: August 2012