“Beautiful View at Waterfront”

Elite Hotel Marina Tower
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nacka
Stockholm
“Beautiful View at Waterfront”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Friendly atmosphere, beautiful to take breakfest at waterfront, you can observe Cruise ships, Good Bus Connection to city
Ship Traffic to City is starting in direct front of the hotel, nice bar in the evening

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were prepared to it all, had read about it and knew about the distance to the city etc. But overall we were satisfied. The hotel was full but we didnt feel like breakfast was a problem. The few times we needed the reception we had to wait for 1/2 before us, not a problem. the hotel isnt a full "kids friendly" concept but not the opposite. We found it very charming to take boat to the city or even bus but the weather was perfect while we were there. The room was spacious. the food at the restaurante was good but we only ate there the first night as it wasnt a too kids friendly environment and was pricey. the neighbor restaurant called Boule & Bersa had perfect relax lounges and the food was delicious !

Room Tip: The superior room had enough space for 3 in master bed and a baby bed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Berlin
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel has a lot of rooms and when packed the breakfast is a nightmare. Apart from the "artificial" scrumbled fish-tasting eggs its rich and lots of stuff to eat. The rooms are clean and nice, sleeping was good. The hotel is in Nacka, which is a good half an hour to walk to the old city. You can take a boat but everything costs, even the shuttle from and to the hotel in the evening. But even more costly is the Spa. As a hotel guest you have to pay 95 SEK during the week and a 195 SEK at the weekend, which is a shame. I guess they try to avoid the families taking over. It was okay, but wouldnt go there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was fabulous!
Altho don't pay for a room with a water view, our window was tiny and I had to stand on a chair to see out of it.
Breakfast was one of the best I've ever had while staying in a hotel.
Ferry is right at the front door so travel into the heart of everything is very easy. The bus to the airport shuttle bus is also very close.
The woman who checked us in wasn't very good (think she had just had a bad day) but all other staff were great.
If I ever go back to Stockholm I would def stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Waking up to see an ocean liner sail past your window was a spectacular view never to be forgotten. The bedroom and bathroom were sleek and comfortable, like other comments, the breakfasts were the best....good healthy food and the blueberry "soup" divine. Dinner was also very good. Staff were very nice and of great assistance with tour directions to the city via the ferry. A nice place to come back to after the crowds.

Room Tip: A room with a water view, although probably a little more in price
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Barbara A
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Imagine sitting by the sea having your breakfast, looking out over an awakening Stockholm. When you feel ready for it, jump on one of the boats that take you in to central of city, or if you prefer, take the boat the other direction and visit other parts of Stockholm that are really nice to reach by boat. I actually live in Stockholm but had a stay for my self at the Elite Marina Tower as a present from my partner, which was by the time really well needed. The hotel was by then just opened. It was truly fabulous. The breakfast buffé is amazing, I could go there forever and eat all the great stuff that were presented. We actually visit the hotel from one time to another just for the joy of having their breakfast, as we live quite close. I slept like a baby in the wonderful beds. The best was probably the bathtub - for me who doesn't enjoy bathing I actually even did take a bath - which says alot about how good I found it. I had a great room at the 5th floor with view against Gröna Lund. This is for sure a place I intend to go back to. (The date is not correct, since I stayed here just when the hotel openend, and I write my review some years after, but I still remember the visit as if it would have been yesterday). The only reason for me not scoring the full points is that the spa wasn't opened by then, but it is now, and I haven't had the option to try it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria G
Budapest
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel almost a week and I really enjoyed it.

The hotel is very attractive, wonderful building with excellent view. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and spacious. Food is delicious, breakfast great. Only there is not much of the tea variety for the breakfast tea lovers. Coffee is also not the best, rather usual Swedish long coffee.

The location, although not in central Stockholm is actually really good. It is a walking distance from Sodermalm. It took me 30 minutes to walk there in the night. Bus that takes you to the central station is just behind the hotel, for those who like boats - there is a boat stop just in front of the hotel.

The location may be not that great for those who want to party in Stockholm and want to be in the center of the city. It is silent, with no restaurants or cafes around.

I was very excited to see the hotel has a spa and gym, but it appeared that even the guests need to pay additional per each visit. I ended up not going at all, so cannot really comment on the quality of the spa. Instead I went for run on the shore and the area is really good for a short up to 5 km run.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business events and for those who love nature and do not mind commuting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mademmi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nacka
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
Södermalm
Motel L
Motel L
#7 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Elite Hotel Marina Tower? Share your experiences!