“Best Hotel for piecefull stay”
Review of Hotel J

Hotel J
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Nacka
Rome, Italy
“Best Hotel for piecefull stay”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Returning each year to this wonderful Hotel. I just can recommand everyone this Hotel. Fantastic design, wonderful staff smiling everytime and incredible helpfull and the location directly at the water leaves you speachless. I will definitely return and return and return Thank you J Nacka Hotel for the emotions you give me all the time !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementHotelJ, General Manager at Hotel J, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this nice review.
I'm really glad you like our Hotel and return to us every year.
I hope you enjoy it both in the winter and in the summer
I'm very proud for my staff and appriciate your words very much.

Look forward to welcome you back soon again

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the Hotel, every part of it was amazing.

In a quiet corner of Stockholm in a place called Nacka we found our Hotel nestled away surrounded by natural rock barricades.

We entered the Hotel reception area where we found 2 extremely helpful and friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. Due to it being New Year's Eve there was a lot of concerns we had about fully enjoying our New Years celebrations. But the staff made sure we had everything from bus timetables into Stockholm city to various places for us to watch the fireworks.

Upon arrival at our room which was a superior room with a sea view, we found a spacious and clean room with a balcony leading out with a view of the waterfront. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a lovely walk in shower which was a unique change from other hotel showers I've had.

The breakfast which was situated in a lovely picturesque outbuilding had every possible option from Scrambled egg and bacon with pancakes. To various meats, cheeses and pickles and a selection of cereal. With also a selection of teas and coffee and fresh bread to toast with local jams and marmalade.

I could go on to describe every detail about my trip and bore you with paragraphs of how wonderful it was. But to summarise I would recommend this Hotel to everyone I tell about it and I am hoping to return once again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementHotelJ, Chef at Hotel J, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff.
I hope you had a wonderful start for this year and I really hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you will be visiting Stockholm,

Imatra, Finland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Experience Stockholm in December and get the warm Nordic Christmas feeling! And if you stay at Hotel J, it will suit that perfectly. We had a reservation to a normal double room with garden view, but got upgraded to a room with balcony and sea view in the old building. I like traditional and old, but there was a challenge here because of the stormy weather. The old walls and windows couldn't exactly keep the winds outside, and it took some effort to try to keep a decent 20 centigrade and to get warm shower. Comfortable and warm beds, though. Clean rooms and nice sea -theme decorations. A fireplace in the ground floor and drinks / snacks available - self service that easily turns to service.
Breakfast was not missing a single item we wanted to have, and it was very tasty with a lot of house made stuff.

If you are not afraid of some walk, you got a plenty of transportation choices available, bus, train and a boat, and taxi of course. We had an early morning flight to catch and they had packaged without asking some sandwiches, gingerbread and apples to go for us. Service minded staff.

Room Tip: Sea view, it is nice to watch the boats and ferries to sail in and out. In the old building it may b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementHotelJ, Chef at Hotel J, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this lovely review.
My team and I are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very proud to be on this nice place by the archipelago but still very closed to the city center.
I’m extra pleased to read you enjoyed our breakfast and our wonderful staff.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you will be visiting Stockholm.

Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I just returned from a wonderful weekend in Stockholm.

In two words : Stockholm is an amazing city with so many different and beautiful things to do and to see.

What about the hotel J ? I booked an executive room with sea view ... I had it !!! We were on the last floor (5) with an enormous balcony and a wonderful view. The room was cosy , specious and the bed really comfortable and SOOO BIG !! :-)

What about the employees.: Naturally friendly. One women from the front desk even gave us her card to let us take the boat to the city center (Madame if you read this comment thank you again!!) The breakfast was even better than at home and if you like to jog, it is the good place to stay.
So I would definitely go back the Hotel J if I had to...
I feel a little bit sad on this monday because my stay in stockholm was too short...

Room Tip: Take the executive room sea view 5th floor... It's the perfect one ;...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementHotelJ, Chef at Hotel J, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice review.
I’m very pleased you enjoyed Hotel J
Thank you also for your nice words about the Staff which made me extra pleased.
I’m sad you had to leave us but hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time you will be visiting Stockholm.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at the J Hotel for 4 nights and everything about our stay was fantastic. The beds are lovely and large and rooms very spacious. The breakfast is delightful and includes hot and cold options. It is located about 15 minutes out of the city by bus and very easy to get to and from. The staff were very helpful and made the overall experience very relaxing. Have already recommended the J Hotel to friends coming to Stockholm.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ElleRC
ManagementHotelJ, Chef at Hotel J, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I’m really happy you enjoyed your stay at Hotel J and our fantastic staff
My colleagues and I look forward to welcome you and all your friends soon again

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We spent four wonderful days at Hotel J last week. Our tastefully decorated room was in a modern building that had pleasant views of the sea and Djurgarden. The breakfast was very generous, served at a high standard in a fantastic villa next door with dining rooms overlooking cruises and boats passing by. We took Sjovagen ferries every day, which was free with our 3-day Stockholm card. Even though it is a short bus ride to Stockholm, the boat ride is delightful stopping at a number of commuter ports in between and takes about half an hour to arrive at Nybroplan/Ostermalm in Stockholm. The route allows one to enjoy the sights on Djurgarden, Gamla Stan and archipelago without having to take the commercial boat trips. Stockholm is quite compact for sightseeing and therefore paying the premium for a small room in the urban centre makes no sense at all if you are not too tight on time. We were really pleased to have a leisurely ride back to our room everyday with great facilities, amenities and professional staff awaiting us. The marina is well equipped for watersports with a variety of vessels docked. We would highly recommend Hotel J and would love to visit again soon.

Room Tip: The higher floors enjoy better sea views. We were told that some rooms at the ends of the building m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DidemUA
ManagementHotelJ, Chef at Hotel J, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this lovely review.
I’m very glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel J and our beautiful capital and archipelago
My colleagues and I look forward to welcome you soon again

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Taking a last August weekend break in Stockholm we decided to skip busy hotels downtown and go for a marine-style Hotel J in Nacka Strand. I would highly recommend this cozy, beautiful place, especially during summer - and yes, one can have Italian weather in Scandinavia end of August with blue sky and 25C. We enjoyed stay there not only because of nice, nautical décor, comfortable lounge with beverages, tea & coffee and drinks available whole day (not free, but still convenient), excellent breakfast in a historical mansion, but mostly because of country feeling so close to the city. So if you are in no rush to reach downtown, and prefer taking a ferry, you may consider Hotel J as good alternative to pricy accommodation in the Stockholm center.

Restaurant J nearby is also worth to visit. It’s crowded during weekends, so reservation might be good option. We did not reserve, so had a chance to relax few minutes on arm chairs with a beer before dinner, not bad at all.

Room Tip: Consider J seaview or J seaview superior room, which are more expensive, but the view pays back. And...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter S
ManagementHotelJ, Chef at Hotel J, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your nice review.
My team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Yes, the location is fantastic, by the archipelago and just a few minutes from the city.
And believe me, it is wonderful event in the winter
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again

Best regards

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nacka
Hotel Skeppsholmen
#6 of 154 in Stockholm
Nobis Hotel
Nobis Hotel
#20 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Hotel J? Share your experiences!