“Hotel is good quality, service is not so”

Norwood Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Accrington B&B and Inns
London
“Hotel is good quality, service is not so”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My average view of the hotel is excellent.
Pro:
The rooms are very luxorious, with extras I cannot find, only in the highest quality hotels.
There was a lot of small thing which made me fell more home, and cannot be found in other hotels.
For example next to the DVD player every room has a collection of new 4-5 DVD movies to watch (if you have time), there is a remote controller for the lights in the room, so you can operate the lighting without leaving your bed, there is an alarm clock next to your bed.
The full english breakfast is very big and tasty, and there is a healthy selection of fruits as well.
There is a free parking next to hotel for about 5-6 vehicle. (Parking can be busy if you return late, and might be difficult to park, but there is a free parking area opposite side of the road, next to a pub)
Contra:
The staff is not very helpful, and doesn't help you to fell yourself at home.
Every morning I've been waken up by the cleaner knocking on my door, and asking when do I want to leave, because she want to clean my room. And this wasn't on my day of departure, and before 9am.
The owner makes the breakfast, which is very tasty and nice, but he always made me feel as they doing a favor for me for giving me breakfast.
For example he said to me to sit straight, and towards the table before he gave me breakfast. etc...
So generaly the room is good quality and cosy, breakfast is nice and tasty, but you have to be liked be the owner to feel home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank besantcapri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed for four nights earlier this month, the hotel is lovely, decor,furnishings, breakfast was the best we have had for years and we travel a lot, would highly recommend, if you like good and high standards of accommodation, plenty parking and staff could not do enough for you

Bob

Room Tip: We had room 1 quiet, and large very comfy bed flat screen tv power shower
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rob d
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Only stayed here for one night as part of a mid-week break in Lancashire. The room was very comfortable and clean. Plenty of coffee/tea and complementary toiletries. Really couldn't fault it. Unfortunately we had to skip breakfast as it was a little too early for us because we wanted to have a lie in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Awsumness
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

As usual this B&B was booked by my office. I arrived early, 14:30, only to be told that I couldn't book in until 16:30. I returned at 16:30 and found the place locked so I disappeared and returned at 17:30 to be admitted and show to my room. The room was a single equipped with the usual, TV, DVD player, hairdryer and a spacious en-suit. However the decor was a bit too 'flowery'. Out side was parking space for a number of cars. The biggest disappointment was the refusal to offer any form of breakfast before 07:30. Overall I think there are better places to stay in the area with more accommodating staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Martin G
Southampton
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed here for a second time and was looked after by the owner. I was intrigued to meet him as here have been negative comments about his manner. I think because he is very fastidious in the way he runs The Norwood sometimes he can come across as being a bit blunt if the guests don't conduct themselves in what he would see as the proper standards.

Faultless service and very clean room with every possible amenity. Superb cooked breakfast. he said the business is up for sale and he going to live in Spain. I hope the people that take it over run it as well as he does.

Room Tip: When I had first stayed the room I had was was a little small. This time I was given a room on the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hale
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I’ve stayed here on numerous occasions and can wholeheartedly say that I’ve never been disappointed. The rooms are immaculately and tastefully decorated and the bedding is quality cotton. On top of the usual facilities, the owner thoughtfully adds numerous DVDs in the rooms which are a really nice touch, and Wi-Fi is available and free. Last but not least, the breakfast is outstanding with a wide range of options and cooked to perfection every time. I really look forward to it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wendy L
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Great value for money. Well presented guest house with many little extras in the room...shoe cleaning kit, DVDs, alarm clock, tea, coffee and hot chocolate with biscuits (and many of them), not two or three milk cartons but as many as you might want,every type of bathroom luxury you could want - shampoos, shower cream, tissues, etc etc . Very comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast...fruit or cereal, massive full english and toast. Good wifi in room. Nothing seemed too great for the owner to provide. I think the negative review must have been written for another establishment as I don't recognise it for this guest house! Good decor. Wish i could find a guest house like this in other parts of the UK.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Accrington
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Northcote Hotel
#1 of 3 in Langho
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,009 reviews
Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf

Been to Norwood Guest House? Share your experiences!