“What a brilliant find”

Waterside Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Shipley
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on the banks of the canal, directly opposite the Ibis Hotel, the Waterside Restaurant and Bar is Shipley's secret retaurant.In its idyllic location, the restaurant offers a range of British dishes to suit every taste and appetite. The food is locally sourced and high quality and the dishes are freshly cooked to order. With the opportunity to eat and drink 'alfresco' in the covered courtyard on warmer days, there really is no better place to dine out in the area. Come and discover for yourself. Brunch available for light snacks, Coffee and a range of Teas for a leisurely drinks by the canal.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We just found this little restaurant on a walk down the canal and so glad we did. Stater chicken livers in caramelised onion mash, what lovely flavors and to be honest I could have had a larger portion as a main course. Then steak and home made thick chips with caramelised baked baby tomatoes. One of the best properly grilled steaks we have had in a long time. . Grilled to our liking of Rare and just sizzled on the out side. We didn't do a dessert as we were to full!
We had two pints of larger as it was a hot sunny evening and we sat on the terrace to eat. Yes we will be going back. Recommended to all our friends and family. And the price excellent.. No complaints at all

Peterhamilt0n, Manager at Waterside Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Issie,
Thanks for your fantastic review.
So pleased you found us and really enjoyed the Waterside experience. As you said it is nice and intimate with a lovely covered terrace where you can eat outside in a lovely picturesque setting next to the canal.
James and his team are delighted you said it was one of the best steaks you have had. We use one of the longest established butchers in Bradford for our meat and it is of the highest quality.
It is great that you will be back and will be recommending the Waterside to your friends and family. Our reputation is really starting to build thanks to you and our other customers.
Like you, there are a lot of people who walk along the canal and look across. As you will have discovered it is only a couple of hundred yards to walk over the bridge to get to us on the other side.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Waterside Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 15 June 2014

When I arrived and looked at the menu the prices were higher than I expected but the food was fantastic and genuinely deserved the price tag attached to it. This was one of the best meals I have ever had. Our enjoyment was enchanced by the lovely staff team at the Waterside.

We have also enjoyed a great evening at the 'My Newt' comedy. A decent line up of comedians and the entry fee includes a bowl of Gilly's chilli. Keep an eye out for these events.

Hi Edward,
Really pleased you believe we offer good value for money. We source everything locally, where we can, and use top quality independent suppliers. To say it is one of the best meals you have ever had is an amazing accolade and it has made James and his team very proud. It also reinforces our approach of never compromising on quality.
Thanks also for mentioning our friendly front of house team. As a family run business we are always genuinely pleased to see people and want them to have a really great experience.
Pleased you have also been to our comedy night. It is a great night out and the best way to banish the Monday blues.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My girlfriend and I visited the Waterside for a romantic meal and we weren't disappointed.

We had heard good reviews from friends and though the menu seemed quite limited, everything on it sounded lovely. My good lady ( I left my bad one at home) had the salmon and I had the belly pork with pig cheek bon bons and sausage. The only mistake I made was not ordering any vegetables as a side, I had wrongly presumed I'd get vegetables with my meal as standard but the food was all cooked well and nicely presented and the waiter was extremely polite...though I did find it odd that our wine was removed after every top up to another side table, I gather so he could be responsible for serving it to us, nice idea but I don't mind pouring my own :-)

The surroundings were lovely with plenty of twinkly lights and candles and a very cosy feel. There is also the option to dine outside which I'd like to try.

Overall delicious food, great service but a little pricey, though the early bird looks reasonable as does the Sunday lunch. I'd definitely eat there again

Hi Marky,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, we really appreciate it. We are so pleased you came along on a recommendation and really enjoyed yourself. As you say it is very romantic – so many people say it is like being on holiday, especially when it is warmer and you can sit outside.
Look forward to seeing you again soon - perhaps for Sunday lunch. As you say, at £9.95 for a choice of traditional roasts with homemade Yorkshire puddings and vegetables, it is very good value.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went on a tuesday when they have steak night. Steak, chips, mushrooms and tomatoes with salad garnish and a glass of wine for £12. Good value. Very tender melt in the mouth steak, cooked exactly as we wanted it. Service was attentive and friendly. Ambience is great, wish it had been warmer so we could have eaten outdoors. give this place a try. well worth it. We did try a pudding which was pannacotta, very delicate, appealing to the eye - served with a shortbread covered with a very tart lime jelly which was a great foil to the creamy pannacotta.

Thanks for the lovely review, Barbara, and for encouraging people to give us a try, we really appreciate it.
We are delighted you enjoyed our steak night. As you say it is excellent value for money and becoming really popular as word spreads. We may be tucked away but, as you say, it is a lovely atmosphere and a great location next to the canal.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

we visited Shipley for my birthday weekend. after a bit of google we found great reviews for waterside restaurant and decided to give it a go. the staff were welcoming, the fairy lights made it feel warm and intimate. I had the rib-eye steak and it was the best I've ever had. Medium rare, tender and perfect! We were the last ones in the restaurant and a great time talking to the chef and tassy and isaac. Thank you for the birthday drink! We will be back! :)

Peterhamilt0n, Manager at Waterside Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi Sarah,
Really pleased you found us on Google and decided to dine with us. It was great to meet you and we are really pleased you liked the ambiance we have created.
The steaks are delicious as you say. Our food is locally sourced and top quality.
Hope you had a great birthday. Look forward to welcoming you back.