“Very hit and miss”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Halifax
“Very hit and miss”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Have been here before with friends for lunch and it was lovely so much so we returned recently and it was dire ! Cold shrivelled potatoe bravas greasy piri piri chicken , gloopy ribs it was awfull we won't be going back .

1 Thank Janethemidwife

Keighley, United Kingdom
“70th Birthday Treat!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

For my 70th birthday celebration we came with family (8 adults and a toddler) to Tapas Tree Shipley on our third visit there. We came the first time on our daughter's family's recommendation and who joined us again this time.

The whole experience is always a delight. The food is exceptional, as is the service and the atmosphere. How they manage to produce 24 different platters with such delicious food, not a single error and so promptly, is impressive. As a bonus, getting there for 6pm we discovered we were eligible for the "Early Bird" discount of 3 for £10.95, which cost us no more for eight than we've paid for only four of us when we've dined out in various cities in the UK and Europe with food of this calibre.

I had my usual mussels in a white wine sauce, paella with chicken & veg, and a new dish -"chorizo con gambas" (prawns and chorizo topped with melted cheese -now I like my food, but this I could kill for!).

We were all delighted yet again. Congratulations Tapas Tree.

Will continue recommending you with high praise and will definitely see you again!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank DenChem
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great value and lovely”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a fantastic little independent Restaurant. the portions are a great size and the sangria and cocktails are good and good value too!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sarah P
Saltaire
“Good varied tapas”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is good and varied, but it ends up being a very expensive night!! The wine is too expensive, even for a small glass. Puddings are nice but once again too expensive.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank HeatherS261259
“Worst food I have ever tasted”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We live locally and fancied a change. We were put up a corner where the service was very poor. We were given a check list to place orders which I have never had and personally feel is a terrible way to serve customers. The starters came out with things missing. The food was soaked in grease and oil making the food tasteless. When the mains came out it got worse. All the food was again coated in grease and oil. We asked for a jug of water which took forever and firstly came with no glasses leaving me to consider drinking from the jug. We left most of the food. At no point did anyone come over to ask how the food was or check on our table. In the end we asked for the bill leaving most of the food on the table and sharply made an exit. I got home where I was sick due to the amount of grease and oil in the food. It left us feeling like we had poured a bottle of cooking oil down out throats. This awful experience cost us £52.70. Absolute daylight robbery as this all went down the toilet pan. Not to mention the extortionate price for such poor service.

• Visited May 2014