“Great B&B - everything you could wish for”
Review of Ford House Farm

Ford House Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Ford House Farm was a great treat. Wonderfully warm room (it was -4C outside), comfortable bed, lovely bathroom with fantastic shower. The breakfast was delicious. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Mike and Val were extremely welcoming and very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2012

You will not go wrong if you stay here. The rooms are comfortable, price is very reasonable, the breakfast delicious and the proprietors very friendly and welcoming.

I will be staying there again, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2011

As a business we had used other local hotels in the area for clients and colleagues.Now however we only use Ford House Farm,if the rooms are not already booked.

Fantastic rooms,all en suite,great countryside outlook. Val and Mike very friendly and helpful.

We would recommend it as great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
fordval, Owner at Ford House Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you Tim for your custom and taking the time to review our Guest House hope we can work with you in 2012 Michael & Valerie

Reviewed 4 December 2011

My wife and I have just returned for a weekend in Yorkshire countryside, just north of Leeds on the way to Ilkley, during which we stayed one night at this amazing b. and b., set in a quiet and secluded refurbished farmhouse with views over the surrounding fields and woods. Though we arrived late, on a rainy winter's night, we were greeted by the broad smile and genial welcome of our rugby enthusiastic farmer host. Our room was enormous, and at the same time cosy - warm, sumptuously decorated, extremely clean and with modern bathroom fittings, TV and Wi-fi facilities. Our continental breakfasts were excellent in quality and quantity: a special order of porridge was accommodated without demur, the tea and coffee were hot and of good strength, the croissants were warm and delicious and the fruit fresh and crisp. The linen in the rooms and in the little dining room was immaculate and the china and tableware were perfect. Would recommend this guest house without hesitation. For us the location was idyllic, but it is fair to say that, as it is a couple of minutes by car from shops, it is more likely to appeal to country-lovers than to visitors hoping to find the bright lights of a city on the doorstep - Hugh C.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh C
fordval, Owner at Ford House Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Hugh C, Thank you for your positive Tripadvisor review I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon Kind Regards Michael

Reviewed 22 November 2011

On arrival we were met by Val she told us a bit about the area and then we were shown our room,
The room was very clean and spacious could not of asked for more, the breakfast was brilliant.
Would definatley stay there again and would recomend it to anyone,it is very refreshing to meet people (Val and Husband) that are realy freindly nothing was to much trouble everythink we needed was there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

On arriing at the Ford House Farm I was given a very friendly and helpul greeting by Val, the lady of the house. I felt at home even before seeing my room. To say the room was spacious is an understatement. It was thoughtfully laid out with quality bedding and furnishings that are better than my own at home. The bathroom was beautiful and my pet hate (showers that trickle of take forever to get to the right heat) were soon forgotten with a shower I didnt want to get out of in the morning. The room was spotlessly clean. There were little extra touches and generous supply of tea and coffee in the room. I booked an extra night threre I was so thrilled. Opening the curtains in the morning I was greeted by a lovely wooden varanda overlooking beautiful countrysde and horses in the adjoining field. I was sad is was November and too cold to sit ouside. The price of the "room with a view" was excellent. I asked to see the other rooms available before leaving because I fully intend to re-visit and every room, even the single was lovely.
Breakfast: First day was faultless. Fresh grapefruit set on a nicely laid table with orange a good size jug of orange juice per table.... no tiny glass and one jug for everyone to share. Full English breakfast with a choice for vegetarians too. Breakfast cooked to perfaction. Very attentive service without being overbearing. I found for the first time I could not find any fault.
Second morning I did have one small negative. Val was trying to be attentive and probably thought it was a good thing to do but she had the toast as I had requested it the day before already on the table for me and because I had had coffee the previous morning that also was waiting for me when I came into the breakfast room. But I hate cold toast and I fancied tea that morning. I didnt like to say I didnt want the coffee so just drank that and went without a cup of tea because I realised she had been attentive enough to make a note of what I had liked the day before. Most people being creatures of habit would probably liked that. So althoug I am bringing it up it isnt a complaint. Just something for you Val to bear in mind in future. So I would give Ford House Farm a resounding 10/10 and would stay again even if it added time on to my destination in the morning. Thank you Val and Michael.

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely but the room downstairs had the outside sitting area that I would not miss in...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
fordval, Owner at Ford House Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you Thelma for taking the time to review our B & B it was great to meet you and im glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you again when on your travels doing your work shops all the best Val

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Our second visit to this superb establishment. Wonderful hosts, spotlessly clean and tidy and a fantastic breakfast. This is by far the best B and B we have stayed in and we have stayed in many throughout the country. Looking forward to another return visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#1 of 3 in Shipley
Homeleigh Hotel
Homeleigh Hotel
#2 of 2 in Shipley

Been to Ford House Farm? Share your experiences!