“Ford House Farm, Shipley”
Review of Ford House Farm

Ford House Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Ford House Farm is a welcoming place, guests' requirements are more than adequately catered for and the facilities are well above average. Altogether a thoroughly recommended experience and we hope to return there at a future date to renew the acquaintance of Val and Mike. We had come to do a spot of research into my Moravian ancestry at Fulneck and that proved to be very rewarding as well. I wish we still lived in the north.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here on the way to a week in Leeds to watch a cricket match; I love a bargain and, as my wife would testify, often leaves us staying in some awful places. Not this time!

On arrival we were met by the genial landlady and her collies, we threw the ball for them to fetch a couple of times (the dogs, not the landlady) and we had made friends for the rest of our stay. The chickens didn't need asking, but moved out of our way as we headed from the car to the house; they wandered off, presumable to provide some eggs for our breakfast the next morning.

The setting was wonderful with a view of the rolling Yorkshire countryside from the bedroom windows. The reception rooms and staircases were tastefully decorated and it is no surprise that there are numerous photographs on their website (www.fordhousefarmbedandbreakfast.co.uk).

The room was large with a quality, full sized shower in a sizeable bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was 'pretty' according to the wife. There was even enough room for a comfortable double seater sofa to sit on and relax.

The chickens had done a fine job of producing eggs for our breakfast. The following morning we had full English breakfasts using quality produce, I have had many B&B visits ruined by the use of cheap breakfast ingredients over the years - not here.

This place is an ideal stopover for those flying form nearby Leeds/Bradford airport and the taxi driver used by the proprietors is a pleasant and endearing chap with good knowledge of the local area. I would also stay here as a base for a walking holiday if I had any inclination to take part in one.

I loved this place and I'll be back...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Very comfortable and spacious room, brilliant breakfasts and friendly hosts make Ford House Farm a great place to stay. Great location and secure off-road parking. My second visit and I hope to return again. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is a wonderful guest house.Beautifully appointed bedroom, lovely hosts in Val and Mike and a great breakfast. While staying there we had car problems. Mike took time off and organized a friend to come around and solve our car problems. I can't recommend Ford House highly enough. This is a wonderful example of north country hospitality
Helen and Brian from Down Under

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2012

this is my second trip to ford house farm for a family wedding .looking forwould to going again next year The rooms are excellant everything you could wish for and more .Breakfast good Micheal and Val are excellent hosts very friendly 5*****

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have stayed at Ford House Farm 3 times now - for business but I am returning soon for pleasure, it is that good. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and the shower the best (and I stay in lots of B&Bs around the country). What I am really returning for though is the care and service that Mike and Val provide. Second to none. Do choose this place to stay!

Room Tip: I have only slept in the downstairs (double) room but it is very spacious and I did enjoy the view f...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a family 'do'. This is especially good. Everything is thought of, bottles of water, sewing kits, scissors, even small folding tables in the rooms for the laptop, big comfy sofas in the rooms, luxurious showers and bathrooms, and loads of space in the rooms. Breakfast is quality, will keep you going all day. lovely friendly people and a homely feel.
Ford house is situated in a quiet lane and overlooks a lovely valley, the gardens are beautiful, and all this 6 miles from the centre of Bradford.
Just drive slowly along the Ottley Road to spot the oddly positioned Buck Lane sign, it's high up and the lane very tiny.
We will definitely use this again if we are in the area, and would recommend it to anyone. We have stayed in many hotels and never had anything this good even when staying in so called 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Homeleigh Hotel
Homeleigh Hotel
#2 of 2 in Shipley
Vivo Serviced Apartments

Been to Ford House Farm? Share your experiences!