“Fabulous little restaurant”
Review of La Rue

La Rue
Ranked #21 of 77 Restaurants in Shipley
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a modern contempary English restaurant serving quality fresh dishes. We prepare all our products from our kitchen and use locally sourced products from award winning suppliers, including the fantastic Saltaire Blond on tap. Our ethos has always been value for money and we serve a house menu that cannot be matched in our opinion for a wide range of styles and dishes. Our menu contains a very good selection of fish which is delivered on a daily basis.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Food was great and very imaginative. Huge portions! Service was friendly. You need to book on the weekend.

There are newer reviews for La Rue

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this place one evening as unable to get a table down the road, nice welcome from the waitress, but other than that, I felt it was simply satisfactory. The food was tasty but expansive for what it was, I don't really undersnd the setting/decor, it's not very warming. Would probably go back but only at a push.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We have not been here for a few years as we had always had poor service but what a difference now! The service and food was 1st class, our waitress Hannah was exceptional, bubbly, friendly and very professional, she didn't stop all night but was brilliantly with every table. The choice on the menu was huge and it tasted and was presented beautifully. A truly great experience and exceptional value, we will definately be returning!

1  Thank Tracey I
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have been to La Rue on three occasions, Mother's Day - 2014, my birthday - 2013 and Christmas Day - 2012. I wish we had been more often and plan to do so in the future. Service has been good on every occasion (and the restaurant has been full each time), and the food is great. I particularly recommend going for Christmas Dinner (you'll have to book a long time in advance), it is very good value and you'll struggle to eat it all. We are spoilt for good food in this area, La Rue is one of the best of a good bunch.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Been to la rue several times before this was the first time I sent a meal back, the main course of monkfish was pathetically small, a main course of 3 tiny chunks of fish and 2 deep fried prawns is taking the piss. My wife's steak was lovely and other peoples portions looked to be big, chef you really need to either serve a proper portion or take monkfish of the menu.

1  Thank stately