“An excellent and welcoming hotel, highly recommend! Great value.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abbey Lodge Hotel

Abbey Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“An excellent and welcoming hotel, highly recommend! Great value.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed in May for 1 night for my partner's birthday. We was greeted with a polite and pleasant atmosphere from all the staff, especially the reception team. We was then showed to our room and was asked if we have any problem do not hesitate to phone through to reception any time (in which we had no problems). We stayed in one of their Jacuzzi rooms and it was lovely, very clean and modern room, excellent space for hanging clothes in the wardrobe and lovely decorated. We had no problem with noise, only from the noise of people walking around the landings, but people have to walk around to get to their rooms lol

Breakfast was lovely, as soon as we came down we went and seated ourselves and was told we could help ourselves to cereals, fruit, orange juice, tea, coffee etc.....and then a waitress came and take our order for a full English breakfast, which my partner said was lovely and cooked the way he likes it. I am fussy and decided to have poached egg on brown toast, which was not a problem. I think you was allowed to have what you wanted breakfast wise, without no fuss from the staff. Excellent food.

Our overall experience was excellent and we would recommend this hotel without hesitation. The only thing I would suggest, but not complaining is to serve evening meals (hot) as we was stuck for food when we checked in late afternoon as we didn't know the area, but got to say we was advised by reception staff of where to go.

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: bookings.org - cheaper rates/offers
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Simple but clean room. Nice shower in en-suite. Generous breakfast. Ample nearby parking. We paid £40 for B&B, which was good value for money and we would return again if we needed to stay in Shipley. Great base for a visit to Saltaire.

Adelaide, South Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed in May 2011 and June 2011, came over from Aus to visit relatives. Rooms are very spacious and very clean, the decor is rather nice too, up there with brand name hotels for a fraction of the cost, I would quite happily stay here again.

Fi is a wonderful member of staff and really took me under his wing whilst I was there which was appreciated, I didn't feel like I was travelling alone staying at the Abbey.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I booked this though an online hotel portal but the place had been recommended by an acquaintance and I can see why he did.

The welcome began two days before my arrival with a chirpy email from Chris and upon my actual arrival I couldn't have been given a warmer welcome by my dear old Gran.

There is a small free car park but if you arrive after 4 as I did than you're ok on the road outside until 10 the following morning.

The room itself (a single) was a really nice, bright attic room with a velux window that overlooked Shipley Church, not at all cramped and very well appointed with a quality LCD TV and all the usual Kettles n cups.

The decor has recently been revamped in the rooms and is very good indeed, the bathroom & shower were superb and the single bed surprisingly comfortable.

You get the sense here that the management & staff really do care, such is their warmth and after a sound night's sleep I was greeted with a smile by the girls in the breakfast room.

My full English breakfast was quickly served and delicious. The coffee...well, we'll not talk about that. (there's a great Italian Coffee shop nearby so don't worry too much).

Sadly It was a one night trip but rest assured I will definitely be returning to the Abbey Lodge.

Ten out of Ten for Service and Value. There's not many places you can say that about.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
whitehaven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Limited parking and lack of evening meal facilities are the only reasons to knock a star off this hotel. Room was clean, comfortable and tastfully decorated. The breakfast, full english (included) was good food, well cooked. The outstanding feature of the hotel was the excellent staff. Pleasent, friendly, helpful, down to earth folk who seemed to genuinely enjoy being of service. I had a couple of minor problems which were my own fault. They dealt with them as if they were no problem at all. Thoroughly recommended.

Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

A great friendly reception and lovely clean, comfortable room. A good breakfast too. Highly recommended and superb value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

We stayed at Abbey Lodge for the Haworth 40's weekend as everywhere else in Haworth as every where in Haworth was fully booked. We were greeted by Chris, who carried our bags to our room. The room was huge, with huge flat screen tv, tea & coffee. The bathroom was a good size with an amazing shower! We arrived at 8pm and we were not sure what to do for food, but within half an hour, Chris had given us menu's for the local takeaways. So, within an hour of arriving, we were sat in the lounge, watching tv, Indian on the way, bottle of wine and with free wireless connection, I was sat there working on the laptop! The only thing I should have done was to have taken my slippers! We had an amazing weekend, loved everything about the hotel and the staff can't do enough for you! Breakfast was just as it should be, help yourself to cereal etc, then a full english! It was only £50 a night for a double room which was great value.
I just want to say a big thank you to all the staff, but especially Chris who made our stay even better!
Great hotel, definitely recommend it! We will most definitely be coming back!!
Thank's Chris!

1 Thank vanessa d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#2 of 3 in Bingley
Homeleigh Hotel
Homeleigh Hotel
#2 of 2 in Shipley

Been to Abbey Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!