“Great Little hotel fabulous breakfast disappointed no evening meals at the weekend”
Review of Abbey Lodge Hotel

Abbey Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Shipley B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely place rooms spotless staff friendly and helpful, wonderful breakfast and great prices only thing that lets it down is there is no evening meals or bar snacks Friday to Sunday, thankfully local restaurants are within walking distance
Due to this there is very little atmosphere in the bar area

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Staff very friendly. Room spotless and well furnished with spa bath and 32 inch TV. Our room was in basement with small window without a view but as staying just one night this was not a problem.
The breakfast was excellent. Being a Saturday the bar did not serve food.
We arrived on a very warm night and wanted to sit and drink outside. The only outside seating area consisted of 2 chairs and a table on the car park. This was clearly a smoking area. The front gardens were well kept and outside seating would no doubt increase the bar takings considerably.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front above basement level if staying more than a night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in the hotel on Saturday night with friends and found it to be as good as all the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. Everywhere was bright and clean, great beds, nice size shower and very friendly and helpful staff. We needed somewhere to eat locally and the staff gave us the names of a few places and even said that if we told them we were staying at Abbey Lodge we would get a 10% discount which we did when we ate at YoYos. We would recommend this great little hotel and would stay again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have a nice view of the church
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here with work, the people working there were really nice and extremely helpful.

The hotel was clean, and extremely well heated. Will be staying again if I'm back with work - would happily recommend to others!

Ashley and Lisa on the front desk were especially helpful!

• Stayed July 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked a family room for the 19th July to attend a party in Bingly but unfortunately my wife was taken ill the day before ( we had a trip to casualty). I contacted the hotel 24 hours before we were planning to arrive to cancel the booking, asked about whether I would be charged, was told that the room had been cancelled and that everything was OK - which I took yo mean that I would not be charged and was told that I did not need to contact the booking agency - only to find that I have been charged and the hotel refuse to refund my booking. I was promised a call back from the hotel to discuss my concerns but did not receive this - instead a rather sharp e-mail informing me that I would nt be receiving a refund and denying that they inferred that the fee would be waived. STEER CLEAR OF THIS HOTEL AS CUSTOMER CARE IS NONE EXISTANT!EXISTANT

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 261Steve
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a night and found the whole place to be clean, nicely decorated and reasonably priced. The staff were all very friendly especially Chris who wasn't even on duty but looked after us - making sure we had everything we needed and he even arranged taxis for us. If you are travelling on business, going to a party or visiting friends give this hotel a try you won't be disappointed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen H
Gloucester
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night as I was in the area for a business meeting.

Having booked this hotel from the customer satisfaction levels on a comparison website, I was unsure what to expect. I always like to stay away from faceless corporate hotels but there is always a risk of being let down. No such problems with The Abbey Lodge.

A warm welcome (i think from the actual owner who was working behind reception) was received and check in was easy.

The room I had was very clean and a nice size. The decor is quite modern which was a nice suprise. The quality of the furniture was very good and the bed a good size and comfortable. I didn't have a bath in my room but the shower cubicle was very big, and again the bathroom was spotless.

My only little grumble is that the room didn't have air conditioning. It was a warm evening added to the fact that my room was above the kitchen (although there was no noise). As such the room got very hot.

At breakfast I received a warm welcome and the cooked breakfast was very good. a selection of cereals were available also. In terms of pastries they only had croissants, but I do not know of there were others and they had all gone.

All in all this hotel has returned my confidence in that independent smaller hotels can offer a great stay and that there is an alternative to expensive corporate hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Bradford Shipley
#8 of 27 in Bradford
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Abbey Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!