“Absolutely fine Ibis, but hot!”

Ibis Bradford Shipley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shipley
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife. (Tip: If you want a room with a canal view, choose the ones bang in the middle of the corridor e.g 113-117, 213-217.) The receptionist, s. Louise, was very helpful and patient in helping us chose a room to our liking. The rooms are spacious, clean, sound proof and has excellent quality beds. We did not avail of the food in the hotel as we had booked the room only.There is a Fayre and Square right next door which serves good food as well and our choice for the evening takeaway was the Aagrah 0.5 miles away which makes extremely good curries. There are plenty of other eateries nearby - you'll be spoiled for choice. The lovely model village of Saltaire with Roberts Park is only a short lovely walk away by the canalside.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Shivaji B
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your kind review of ibis Bradford, We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our great location. I have shared your comments with Louise who was very pleased to read them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Such a shame as otherwise a really good stay. Plenty of car parking and pleasant Reception staff, this hotel is located just by the Leeds to Liverpool canal and 10 mins along the tow path leads you directly into the middle of Saltaire, which is a must visit location. They have a bar and you can get food in the hotel but I didn't sample it myself. Room was comfortable and roomy and bathroom, although not luxurious, was practical with a large shower and plenty of hot water. The corridor outside the rooms is quite large and this led to it being very echoey and noisy. Unfortunately this meant I was disturbed several times during the night with late arrivals and then again early in the morning when people started to get up. Also there are no lights in on the corridors at all until you start to walk down the corridor and then, section by section they come one. Personally I found this a bit unpleasant. I know that there couldn't be anyone lurking (as the lights would have come on) but it just wasn't nice walking into darkness and then the lights blinking on as you passed through. I understand the energy saving reasons for this but I think a couple of lights permanently on in each section would remove the feeling of looking down a long dark corridor. I enjoyed my stay here apart from the couple of gripes!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank XHarry
Dear Guest

Thank You very much for your review of ibis Bradford, I am sorry you found the corridors noisy and did not like our energy efficient lighting. I have spoken to the night team to ensure they regular carry out floor walks to check the noise levels throughout the night. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had a room booked at this hotel and when I called to cancel it, I was told by reception that they had no reservation in my name. I left it at that, thinking I could not cancel a room that had not been booked for some reason.

They have now charged me as a no-show,

Their reception are obviously incompetent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueDave11
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank You for your review of ibis Bradford and highlighting the problem you encountered, Please could you contact me at the hotel to discuss this and I will try and help as we always give cancelation numbers out. We do however also have an ibis budget hotel in Bradford which is sometimes confusing. Please do contact me and I will do my best to help.

John Holroyd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Budget Bradford
#2 of 2 in Shipley
Campanile Bradford
Campanile Bradford
#13 of 27 in Bradford

Been to Ibis Bradford Shipley? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ibis Bradford Shipley

Property: Ibis Bradford Shipley
Address: Salts Mill Road, Shipley, Bradford BD18 3ST, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > West Yorkshire > Bradford > Shipley
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shipley
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Ibis Bradford Shipley 2*
Free Wifi now throughout the hotel! Ibis Bradford has a fantastic canal side location, 5 minutes walk from the Unesco world heritage site of Saltaire Village. Railway station just 3 minutes walk away and a 10 min train journey to Leeds. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Lastminute, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Bradford Shipley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ibis Bradford Shipley Hotel Bradford