“Budget with great gym” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Budget with great gym”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is a budget hotel with a difference. Although the rooms are basic as you would expect the shower is outstanding and the rooms are clean. The most pleasing thing for me was the free access to the local gym which has a great selection of equipment. If your into your exercise this hotel is great. there is a pub near by which caters for everyone in terms of dietary needs etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Kind regards,
Gerardo Souto I General Manager I ibis Bradford I Quayside,Salts Mill Road l Shipley I Bradford BD18 3ST

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Ideally situated for exploring Saltaire village. Rooms are spacious, clean, have excellent beds and a table with two chairs. Free biscuits & newspaper are a nice touch. Door closures are noisy & no hand towels provided.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay. We’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Kind regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, ideal large car park, pleasant reception staff, very welcoming. Placed just by the canal, had a lovely walk to Roberts park at Saltaire which is not far from the Ibis. Also was recommended to go to Shimla Spice (Defiantly need to try this place of your nearby)they make the best Curries EVER!!!! Thankyou Ibis, Will defiantly be coming back again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank You so much for your very kind review of ibis Bradford. The team and I are delighted you had a good stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife. (Tip: If you want a room with a canal view, choose the ones bang in the middle of the corridor e.g 113-117, 213-217.) The receptionist, s. Louise, was very helpful and patient in helping us chose a room to our liking. The rooms are spacious, clean, sound proof and has excellent quality beds. We did not avail of the food in the hotel as we had booked the room only.There is a Fayre and Square right next door which serves good food as well and our choice for the evening takeaway was the Aagrah 0.5 miles away which makes extremely good curries. There are plenty of other eateries nearby - you'll be spoiled for choice. The lovely model village of Saltaire with Roberts Park is only a short lovely walk away by the canalside.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Shivaji B
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your kind review of ibis Bradford, We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our great location. I have shared your comments with Louise who was very pleased to read them. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Such a shame as otherwise a really good stay. Plenty of car parking and pleasant Reception staff, this hotel is located just by the Leeds to Liverpool canal and 10 mins along the tow path leads you directly into the middle of Saltaire, which is a must visit location. They have a bar and you can get food in the hotel but I didn't sample it myself. Room was comfortable and roomy and bathroom, although not luxurious, was practical with a large shower and plenty of hot water. The corridor outside the rooms is quite large and this led to it being very echoey and noisy. Unfortunately this meant I was disturbed several times during the night with late arrivals and then again early in the morning when people started to get up. Also there are no lights in on the corridors at all until you start to walk down the corridor and then, section by section they come one. Personally I found this a bit unpleasant. I know that there couldn't be anyone lurking (as the lights would have come on) but it just wasn't nice walking into darkness and then the lights blinking on as you passed through. I understand the energy saving reasons for this but I think a couple of lights permanently on in each section would remove the feeling of looking down a long dark corridor. I enjoyed my stay here apart from the couple of gripes!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank XHarry
Dear Guest

Thank You very much for your review of ibis Bradford, I am sorry you found the corridors noisy and did not like our energy efficient lighting. I have spoken to the night team to ensure they regular carry out floor walks to check the noise levels throughout the night. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

John Holroyd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel
Dubrovnik Hotel
Dubrovnik Hotel
#7 of 27 in Bradford
Premier Inn Bradford North (Bingley) Hotel

Been to Ibis Bradford Shipley? Share your experiences!