“Good budget hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shipley
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good budget hotel”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for friends wedding, check in pretty smooth staff pleasant. Room decent size, bathroom quite small but only for 2 nights, clean enough although the carpets are threadbare and stained....take slippers.
Really warm room, had to sleep with windows open not too noisy, good location.
Didn't use bar or restaurant so can't comment, food in bar nxt door was ok.
Overall was an ok stay, was what we needed it to be

• Stayed August 2014
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Kind regards,
Gerardo Souto I General Manager I ibis Bradford I Quayside,Salts Mill Road l Shipley I Bradford BD18 3ST

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As always with Ibis the rooms are clean, spacious & comfortable with adequate facilities and good shower & bathroom.

The Staff were all very pleasant & helpful & there is a great restaurant just next door to the hotel if you want more choice of food.

Room Tip: In hot weather, though picturesque, try to avoid rooms overlooking the river unless you sleep with w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janet D
ManagerBradford, General Manager at Ibis Bradford Shipley, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

southport
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A comfortable stay although the room was quite small.Overlooked the canal and towpath which was interesting but sometimes noisy with youngsters riding scooters.Had breakfast in the hotel dining area which was fine but very little choice of cereals or cooked food.Ideal location for visiting Saltaire as we used the towpath to reach the main places of interest.The hotel had no information or leaflets about Saltaire so we had to find the Tourist information Office in Saltaire itself.Considering Saltaire is a World Heritage site attracting many visitors I feel that the hotel was at fault having no information to give guests.
Thoroughly enjoyed the Heritage Trail and park area. Just a pity there was no cricket match on that weekend.The Shipley Glen Tramway was a quaint experience but only a short ride.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter than those at the front as there is a lively pub next doo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cazSouthport
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I will take note of your comments and the matter will be addressed. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Have visited and reviewed this hotel numerous times when we have stayed in Yorkshire and glad to say that it remains consistent and is our preferred choice in this area. We were actually going to Leeds Playhouse in the evening, but find this a better & cheaper venue than Leeds, & easily accessible by excellent rail service. Shipley station just across the road, last train from Leeds 23.18. What we like; Very nice helpful staff. Rooms minimal functional & clean (better than similar budget hotels), walk in large showers, no clingy plastic shower curtain, walls unadorned with corporate style "pretty" prints, mattress topper which is comfortable. Surroundings ok if you request room overlooking canal. Cheap, particularly if booked in advance & near to World Heritage Site Saltaire Village, and Salts Mill, with all it has to offer. The only rare problems we have encountered are inconsiderate guests, and you can't blame hotel for that! Can't comment on food - usually breakfast at Salts Mill, short walk along canal. Can recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank agedpeas
So glad you had an enjoyable time with us! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipley
Ibis Budget Bradford
#2 of 2 in Shipley
Jurys Inn Bradford
Jurys Inn Bradford
#4 of 27 in Bradford

Been to Ibis Bradford Shipley? Share your experiences!