“Great local pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Malt Shovel Hotel

Malt Shovel Hotel
Ranked #48 of 70 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: Bar, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Baildon, United Kingdom
“Great local pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is one of our local pubs & we have eaten here quite a few times with our young children, the food has always been great (the new menu offers a good, varied selection of food) & nothing appears to be too much trouble. The landlord & landlady have always made us feel welcome & taken the time to talk to us. In the evenings there is a good atmosphere, I have always had a great night out & a good laugh with staff & landlord/lady.

Bradford UK
“Cracking new menu with friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Lovely local pub, real fires, proper beer and the best mixed grill for miles. Staff where friendly and accommodating for my two small children. No idea where the bad reviews come from, I take visiting family and friends here for food and have never had any sort of issue.

“A community loss”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

It's such a shame what has happened to this little pub. All the regulars lost some that drank in there over 40 years. The pub has the potential to be that country pub it was. But it's not being ran. The managers aren't around and don't want to be part of the community. Dogs sat on seats what's going on!!!! 1 staff member on playing on the phone! No atmosphere anymore. It's such a shame. This lady has tried to make a name being tough and it doesn't work in baildon. I'm sure that if you researched the area and what it's about your selection process would of been different. This lady isn't all bad but in the wrong pub and you as a company are losing our faith in what you stand for and losing 1 of the oldest pubs in baildon

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sandra T
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Malt Shovel Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear steph b

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Malt Shovel Hotel in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

John Barras
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Most friendliest pub around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This pub has the best atmosphere around on a thursday and saturday night when they have live karaoke on. The staff and the landlady are the nicest and friendliest people to get on with. Very down to earth and welcoming.

“God awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I used to enjoy popping into the Malt Shovel for the occasional pint. The pub was always a bit tatty but served good beer and had a friendly atmosphere. I called in last night - oh dear. Poor quality fizzy lager with poor quality staff who chatted to each other rather than listen to what the customer was ordering. I asked for my order 3 times and it was still wrong and the staff thought I was the problem. Saturday night karaoke??? Baildon is better than this...

If you want an enjoyable night out try anywhere else, this is god awful.

• Visited March 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Malt Shovel Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Baildoner

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards