“Small and friendly Vicars”
Review of Vicars Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

Vicars Cafe Bistro
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Small and friendly Vicars”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Vicars does evening meals on Friday and Saturday, so one summer evening in June we decided to treat ourselves to an evening at Vicars, we first stopped for pre drinks across the road, and trotted off to Vicars, we loved it starters we shared so we didn't miss any fantastic item! Steak was good and cannelloni was perfect goats cheese and spinach and this is a meat eater saying this,
Wine is reasonably priced and after sharing again we agreed coffee was in order, we trotted out in complete bliss.
I love Saltaire even more now!

Visited June 2014

Essex, United Kingdom
“Small place to eat but BIG on flavours...”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Small place to eat but BIG on flavours...
Wandering around Saltaire didn't expect to get much in the way of food but, oh boy, did Vicars Cafe Bistro come up trumps.....its small, sits on a corner plot on the main road and served some of the best food in a week of traveling in the Yorkshire area. I had the Tagine Lamb....I could have been on the main square in Marrakesh, absolutely superb....I cook and have never got these flavors, so I asked for and was given the names of the spice ingredients .......lovely people, young, vibrant and reallt rather chic...well done Vicars !!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brianandnikki
Stouport on Severn
“Very slow service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Dined here with a small party of friends. Good location in Saltaire (a wonderful place to visit) with a bistro style atmosphere. The place is quite small. Food was hot and generally very tasty. I ordered the mushroom burger, which I wrongly assumed would be a beef burger topped with a mushroom. I was wrong, it was just a large mushroom filled with melted cheese in a bun. I found the filling to be very rich and the dish disappointing. However, the others in our party enjoyed their meals.

Service was very slow, despite the small number of diners.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A bite to eat”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Called in for lunch. Simple menu mainly sandwiches, soup and salads. Service was quick, food came quickly. I had chicken salad which was nice, just enough chicken, my companion opted for Cajun chicken and mozzarella on ciabatta which came with side order of very nice coleslaw (although she herself can't stand coleslaw) and crisps. Unlike myself though she found her sandwich lacking in flavour and left some. Had coffees and fresh cream, again quite nice. Overall pleasant and I enjoyed my lunch

Visited June 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Really lovely little place”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Visited Vicars Bistro on a Friday evening after coming across it on my taste card. It was fantastic, the food was gorgeous and the service was spot on. We got 50% off the food bill which is brilliant for a fir and sat night, I believe it's 241 on meals through the day. A bottle of house wine is £11.50 which I think is really reasonable to be honest. I would definitely recommend the garlic mushroom starter, really tasty! Will definitely visit again, really pleased I tried it!

• Visited June 2014