Review Highlights

Reviewed 24 August 2016
andykroz
Bradford, United Kingdom
via mobile
Lovely village pub with friendly staff

Reviewed 20 July 2018
XMXHXH
Bradford, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend not long ago. I have never been out in Baildon before and the girl behind the bar (Emily? I think) was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. She talked through all the Gins with me as I couldn’t decide what to have, and when she saw me shivering a bit outside she offered me a blanket. Honestly some of the best customer service I have ever received in a pub in my life! Will deffo be returning!

Bullsheadbaildon, Owner at The Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. Emily will be pleased that she has been praised for being attentive and been seen to be doing her job. we do pride ourselves on our team behind the bar and this review will help show them that it is noticed and does go along way. Thank you once again and we hope to see you back in The Bulls Head soon x

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great pub!
Popped in for the first time after work with the Mrs and we will certainly be returning! A traditional proper pub with all the essentials for a good time - friendly bar staff and great beer at low prices!
Served by a young gentleman behind the bar who was very efficient and polite, he served us pretty much straight away even though it was quite busy around the bar and made us feel very welcome as he chatted to us whilst getting our drinks - he has made 2 happy customers!

1  Thank josephchambers92
Bullsheadbaildon, Owner at The Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We pride ourselves on the quality of beverages sold and also like the feed back regarding the quality of service. We try to please and give everyone a good experience when they visit and this review will help each member of staff see why it is always important to be genuinely polite and efficient. We hope to See you back in The Bulls Head in the near future. Thank you

Reviewed 13 April 2017

In the heart of baildon village. Fabulous friendly little pub. Great beer garden and fantastic live music. A must visit! We'll done to an amazing landlord and landlady!

Bullsheadbaildon, Owner at The Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Why thank you Caroline. We do try our best to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience when they visit us. Standards and quality are what we pride ourselves on, as well as our friendly and pleasant team. Hope to see you back soon.
Regards
The Bulls Head team

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Went here last Sunday to take part in the weekly quiz, good fun. Nice pub with friendly staff, certainly worth a visit

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I've visited a couple of times and I now get the distinct impression that if your not a local your not welcome.
First time I ordered a £30 round and was told that they dont accept card payment and when I questioned it her response was 'everyone knows we're cash only'
The second time there was 4 of us and my 3 month old daughter who popped in after a walk but within minutes we where told that children where not aloud on the premises after 6pm, it was 6:15 and she was sound asleep.
My wife and friends where so embarrassed as the whole pub literally stopped and was staring at us as we put our coats back on and left.
Such a shame!

Bullsheadbaildon, Owner at The Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Hi Simon. I am truly sorry you feel you have had bad experiences whilst visiting The Bulls Head in Baildon. Firstly I can't understand the comment regarding the card machine. We have had a card machine in the Bulls Head for over 4 years. Unless there was a break in the connection we would never refuse card payments. We do allow children into the pub but our premises licence stipulates until 6pm. I appreciate the timings were minuscule but it would affect my business and premises licence should anything have happened. It is a public house after all and we cannot guarantee what type of customer comes through the door, especially on a weekend. We do try to include new customers in conversation and in any activities that may be going on within the pub and feel sorry you felt the pub was clicky as we pride ourselves in the fact that every customer new or old, are treated alike.
Regards
The Bulls Head

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

It turned a bit cold during the evening and I requested that the heating was turned on. Almost immediately my request was dealt with and it was lovely and toasty.
Well done The Bulls Head for reacting to customers requests. I will be back.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

A well run pub with extensive cellar from real ale, lagers, ciders, wines and spitits. Qiz nigts, free bar food& live music throughout the week. A local friendly old fashioned public house run by a couple who know how to run a pub.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Decided to call in for a drink The pub was buzzing with people a party atmosphere with food and music We ended up staying the whole evening enjoying some wine with convivial people who made us so welcome Dawn the manageress of the bar was lovely and made our evening by encouraging us to partake of the food on offer and kept our glasses refilled as needed A great night with lovely friendly people

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Great pub, Great food great staff and a happy atmosphere, full of charm and character, in fact one of the great pubs of Baildon

1  Thank 2e1hzm
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Totally impressed with this place Landlady, landlord and staff are amazing.The pub itself is full.of character and has a great atmosphere.I had a family funeral here and can't thank them enough for the effort that was put in to make what was a very sad day a truly memorable one.Top marks for the bulls head you were amazing.

1  Thank lisa m