“Stairway to heaven!”

Salts Diner
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Shipley
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
W Yorks
“Stairway to heaven!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I visited with friends and family on a Saturday lunch time.After a steep climb with a six year old we shopped a little in the bookshop then through to the diner. We hadn't booked but got in early, 12 o'clock so we were ok. It got very very busy soon after. I had a mushroom burger which was juicy and delicious. The others had sausage and mash( they do small portions for children) large pizzas and a large burger. We still had room for pudding and 3 of us ordered sticky toffee. Now I have made it my life's work to sample ST P on every menu I see it and grade it 1 to 10. When this one came it was the size of a small brick swimming in a sea of toffee soup. It was amazing ,gorgeous and I gave it a 10 easily!!!! My granddaughter had choc cake which she devoured with gusto and the other friend ice cream.We had coffee and with the drinks before lunch it came to about £90 for 5 of us. The staff were friendly and although it was so busy we were not made to feel rushed at all.

West Yorks
“Wonderful surroundings, mediocre food, terrible service”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have had many lovely meals at Salts diner - unfortunately this was not one of them. Granted the restaurant was busy (Saturday lunchtime) but that does not excuse poor service. Waiting times were long and staff could certainly benefit from some customer service training. However the sore point for myself was the desserts being dumped onto our table without plates being cleared away. In addition we were not provided with any cutlery - not sure when the diner became self service? The standard of food was not great - burnt pizza and dry cake, the atmosphere was poor and we couldn't get out of there quick enough. I really hope this doesn't reflect the general service as that would be a terrible shame.

Leeds, England
“Excellent for Sunday breakfast”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have been coming here for years for a relaxing Sunday breakfast.Our family of 4 and assorted guests over the years are always impressed with the food and location.

1 Thank Tidyup
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite places ”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The title says it all...I've been here more times than I can remember but live it each time. The atmosphere, food and service are all excellent.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“smashing place”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Good solid reliable high quality menu, extremely helpful staff, timely service and a lovely place just to chill out with friends and a coffee. Never been disappointed with the Salts Burger, Frshly made soup of the day, Niscoise salad or the daily specials. Excellent range of beverages and the cake just mmmmm :). Thank You for always making a trip to Salts Mill an extra delightful occasion.

• Visited December 2013