“Well worth a visit”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

It was great to finally get the chance to visit. The Caviar was well worth trying for the first time and Vlad's soup was amazing. Can't wait to go again with friends or family. If your looking for something different than the normal hum drum restaurant then this is it.

1 Thank Darren H
Vlad Y, Manager at The Russian Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hi Darren,
Many thanks for your kind words!
Unfortunately you placed you review on the Bradford page instead of Wakefield one and we have now our own in Wakefield, see it for yourself
tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190729-d6106515-Reviews-The_Russian_Restaurant-Wakefield_West_Yorkshire_England.html
Will it be possible you copy your review to our Wakefield page where it belongs?
I'm looking forward to seeing you together with your friends or family soon! I'll make sure I have enough caviar for you! :-)
Many thanks in advance and all the best,
Vlad

Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't be faulted”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We visited in mid-December as my girlfriend has spent some time in Russia and Kazakhstan and we were curious to see how this restaurant in Bradford stacked up against places in Russia itself. We weren't disappointed.

Vlad is the perfect host - he's a great guy with a great sense of humour and in terms of service he was just the right amount of attentive and professional. We wanted for nothing and were entertained throughout our visit.

The starter was Russian style pancakes (blini) with mushrooms and nuts. These were delicious and authentically prepared Russian style. Exactly the same as I'd had in Moscow a couple of years previously. They were delicious and I'd highly recommend them as a starter (or even a main course if you're watching what you eat).

Main courses were mushroom stroganoff for my veggie girlfriend and beef for me. An interesting dish as it was served over Yorkshire puddings. The two went together very well and I'd recommend it thoroughly. It was at this point, Vlad told us that if we rang up in advance and mentioned a particular Russian dish you like, he'd do his best to make sure you got it. This is something we'll do next time we visit (February).

Dessert was deep fried ice cream. A new one to me. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was different and didn't disappoint.

The ambience was great - cheesy russian pop music in the background was great fun and Vlad's conversation was fascinating. We intend to visit many more times. Can't recommend enough.

1 Thank Mike J
East Yorkshire
“First class”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Excellent meal and service that was so personal it couldn't be faulted. The atmosphere was first class and everything well presented.

1 Thank Misrule
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“warm welcome, great food”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The friendliest restaurant we've ever been in; even with the reduced menu and bistro - rather than "proper" restaurant - setting (the original venue being closed due to the arson attacks), it still offers good choice of really well made classic Russian/Georgian/Ukrainian food. Definitely recommended.

1 Thank Zo R
York, England
“A Taste of Russia in Yorkshire”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Although the appearance of the restaurant is somewhat unprepossessing, you are sure of a warm welcome and an excellent meal. The menu is limited but well chosen and I have never been disappointed in any of Vlad's dishes. I particularly like the soups.

• Visited November 2013