“Aagrah is becoming the Mc DONALDS of the curry world.”
Review of Aagrah - Shipley

Aagrah - Shipley
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Shipley
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Aagrah experience is designed to overwhelm you with a complete sensory journey, encompassing the rich cultural ambience and truly remarkable culinary sensation of authentic Kashmiri cuisine... Time and time again... Balancing time-honoured dishes with culinary innovation, our hand-picked, award winning team of chefs relentlessly aim to provide healthy and nutritious dishes prepared to nothing less than total satisfaction, in the most comfortable of atmospheres, to our esteemed clientele. Aagrah ~ satisfaction, comfort and affordability...
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Aagrah is becoming the Mc DONALDS of the curry world.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Aagrah group no matter which restaurant in the group you go to, you are guaranteed quality,
Buffet is always a big hit. Lot to choose from, lamb joint or chicken which ever is on that day Cut and served for you. which is a winner.

To often filled up on starters leaving no room for the main course.
freshly made naan breads made for you.

Main courses just enough to choose from,

Deserts not the greatest.
florescent jelly, golden balls in syrup, fruits, small truffles one spoon full. mr whippy ice cream from machine..

Don't go if for the deserts. They must be bought in.!
staff warm and friendly, welcoming. fair price for all you can eat.

DOWN SIDE IF THERE IS ONE.
Becoming the Mc Donald's of the curry world. You know what your going to get at any of there restaurants as it's the same format rolled out at each,

IF YOU GET ANY BIGGER THE WILL QUALITY FALL.
DO NOT BECOME VICTIM OF YOUR OWN SUCCESSES.
DO NOT GO DOWN THE CENTRALISE COOKING ROUTE.

• Visited December 2013

Halifax uk
“Avoid avoid avoid”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Firstly, the staff are very unfriendly very rude. The service is very poor. Got chicken pakoras for starters. Which clearly were not cooked properly, one containing blood in the middle, complained about this and was told they cook everything at a high temp.. Obviously not!! Anyway got this knocked off the bill. The main was okay however my partner ordered lamb madras, which looked like dioreah in a dish. Didn't bother with a desert. Over all I would not recommend and will not go back. Not a patch on Akbars. I highly recommend you don't waste your time and hard earned money!!

ilkley west yorkshire
“Superb Buffet”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visited this restaurant for my girl's birthday and the fact we had some money off vouchers. Never been to an aagrahs before so didn't know what to expect,however it was the best buffet experience we have had anywhere.Spicy roasted whole leg of lamb (never seen this before in a buffet) it was delicious.So much choice all cooked before your eyes and all hot and delicious at least 5 starters,6 curries all the accompaniments and they make nans fresh to order.It will be our regular from now on brilliant.

• Visited January 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Everything a bit too spicy”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Whilst I have been to the Aagrah many times, it is normally at the request of friends and not my first choice. Lovely interior and pleasant staff. Large menu and reasonably priced. The food though, whatever I seem to order, is always too spicy regardless of the strength I ask for. I am sure the food is good quality, it is just not to my palate

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good deal - go here.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

A professional colleague and I decided to Aagrah because lots of other 'Indian' reastaurants in and around Bradford had been getting poor reviews early in Jan 2014. I confirmed by phone before going that the cost of the buffet was £13.95. I thought that was a better price than going a la carte elsewhere. We got to Aagrah around 19:15PM. Parking was easy. As we entered we were pleasantly greeted. The surroundings are modern and clean. All waiters were smartly dressed. The floor manager was conspicuously visible in appearance and kept a close eye on all that was going on.
The food was excellent from start to finish. Everything was fresh, tasty and NOT swimming in oil. The hot dishes were kept at a good temperature. There was a good selection of desserts, in smaller portions - to help avoid gorging on too much calories.
Tables were being cleared quickly. We asked for Cobra beer in bottles so that we could pour them ourselves - and that's what we got - and quickly. No fuss. The atmosphere was nice. No riff raff. The bill came quickly when we asked and it was sorted out efficiently.
Based on this experience I left happy that we got our money's worth - and said that we'd recommend to our friends and return when next in Bradford. Keep up the high standards is all I can say to Aagrah management - good job!

• Visited January 2014