“Always delivers!”

Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Shipley
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Yo Yo Bar and Restaurant, a Shipley Restaurant situated in the heart of Yorkshire. Combining locally sourced produce with globally inspired dishes, Yo Yo’s is a modern Oriental Restaurant offering a unique mix of Japanese, Chinese and Thai cuisine.
“Always delivers!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I've not written a review for some time even though I have revisited time & time again! That's because they deliver so well always.... Food, service, value for money & fabulous cocktails!
So here was my birthday choice with 6 others!
Service as always was spot on.... Starting with cocktails .... Then although I was eating
vegetarian as always it was great to see so much satisfaction from the meat/fish eaters too!
Service was swift & someone was always nearby to ensure our glasses stayed full!
Starters, mains & desserts... Including a free one with sparkler for me!
Everyone was raving about it!
Only the second time I've had sushi there & was a real treat!

I then took my niece at the weekend! We were unsure about eating but that was fine... We sat close to the bar & started with cocktails! When we decided to share a combo we were able to stay on the sofas choosing not to be seated at a table but still had great service! We later chose dessert too!

Dear Hugefoodlover,

Anyone reading your review will want to immediately dine at Yo Yo's ! I am so pleased you had a most enjoyable experience with us and hope we can now welcome you back time after time to Yo Yo's, you could not have written an better advertisement for Yo Yo's. Many thanks.

Kind Regards

• Polish first
bedfordshire
“Truly Fusion”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ate at yo yo bar and restaurant Shipley and we were very impressed the choices of Chinese,Thai , Indian and Japanese . We chose a mix of Chinese and Thai starters to share and followed with chicken mossaman and a chicken green curry which were excellent.
It was nice to be able to mix and match the different cuisines. The service was prompt and very efficient. We were only visiting Shipley so will be sorry not to be able to eat there regularly.

Dear Bomdia,

Many thanks for your great review ! At least Yo Yo's is on your radar now and if you do return to the area, you will no doubt enjoy another great experience with us. Many Thanks.

Regards

Bingley, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A party of 10 dined here last and we had an excellent evening. The food was delightful and the staff could not do enough for us. We can thoroughly recommend it.

Dear Julie C,

Thank you for taking the time for putting a review on Tripadvisor, and being part of a large group we really appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you at Yo Yo's again soon.

Regards

Skipton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food...but a few things spoilt it”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I love YoYos & have been many times, yesterday my good friend & I were planning to go to Sharma, Bingley as it's geographically nearer but via email my 15 percent off voucher came though & we rearranged to go to YoYos because it's quite a treat to go. When we arrived two waiters approached but as I made eye contact & tried to explain who we were it seemed they were about walk past.. as it happened one was dealing with us but his communication skills were nit great. We were shown to our table in a lovely spot, sorted drinks but then two problems continued.. 1. 3 or 4 different waiters/waitresses kept on coming up to the table as if they hadn't communicated with each other, which covers they were responsible for & it was really annoying. We were friends catching up after a few months so with constant interuption it was irritating. Staff just need better communication & to plan what areas they are responsible for then leave us alone to enjoy the evening! Despite being constantly bugged by staff my friend never got the water she asked for. The food was faultless though as always & I highly recommend it. The only other thing that was a problem was the temperature in the place. We were both sweating it was so hot & humid & I haven't experienced anything like that before. The waitress said they'd turned the air con off..?! Why would they when it was so so hot. Sadly it spoilt the evening a little but I'll still go back to give it another chance.. fingers crossed it redeems itself, because YoYos has always been a favourite place of mine.

SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Piratebaby,

Thank you for your review,I am pleased you enjoyed the quality of food, but sincerely apologise for the shortcomings in service you received. Obviously our staff were over attentive to your needs throughout your evening.Our food servers are assigned tables and should communicate between each other as to the status of any table at any time during the evening and I will brief this once again to them, but with the number of visits you received cannot understand why you never got the water you asked for ! In relation to the air conditioning, this is operated from one central unit and diners in the other section complained it was too cold, so I had to switch it off, even if I increased the controls the heating element would have kicked in which would have made the situation even worse, I realise it was a hot and humid evening and all my colleagues we sweating too, but only switched the A/C on when this table departed. But on a final note I am pleased you enjoy dining at Yo Yo's and will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon in order to redeem our reputation.

Many Thanks

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Tea time meal”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Very good meal with good company
Quite busy gone for prime time early bird
Starters and main course brill
Friendly service
Will be back shortly

SIMON D, Owner at Yo Yo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Ian D,

Thank you for your great review, so please you enjoyed the experience and that you will be returning again soon.

Kind Regards