“Unrivalled consistency”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having eaten 6/7 times in the restaurant; this is, in my opinion, undoubtedly the best provider of Indian food in the local area.

From the wonderful manner and attentiveness of each member of the staff, through the appealing decor/layout to the repeatedly superb food - I cannot speak highly enough of Bollywood Cottage.

Where I live, I am fortunate to have the presence of two Indian restaurants within a well skimmed stone of my front door. Now, when the occasional urge for a takeaway curry gets me - I take the time to place an order and meander the twenty or so minutes whilst they prepare the food...to Gargrave to collect our meals.

1  Thank GT1179

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A recent trip to Yorkshire to stay with family finally gave us the chance to eat at an Indian restaurant we had fancied every time we had been in the past, but other family members did not share our passion for Indian food. Therefore we ended up going for pub grub instead. This time we made it our mission and we were lucky too as the Restaurant had just been awarded Yorkshire Finalist for the National curry Tiffin cup and 5th overall. Including a prestigious ceremony in Downing Street no less. As the name suggests the restaurant is in a converted cottage made from traditional stone. its not a big place and booking is recommended especially as news of the award gets out. The menu choice is good with a few less familiar dishes available too for the adventurous. The food was as expected amazing. My wife's dish (Jaypuri) was the nicest Indian meal she has ever tasted and she normally plays it safe with more mainstream dishes. I judge every new Indian restaurant by its Chicken Dansak and I was not disappointed. My wife's Auntie who lives in the village told the waiters that we had been desperate to try their food for some time and the staff were happy that we had finally got our wish and made the visit extra special by simply offering a great experience throughout.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have now eaten at Bollywood Cottage's Gargrave restaurant 3 times and have also had a few takeaway meals. I cannot fault the experience on any of these occasions.

Noteably, they are:

- Always very polite and welcoming
- Extremely accurate and careful when taking orders.
- Accommodating; even when extremely busy.
- Fast and efficient... There is never a long wait for food and they have table turnaround down to a fine art!

And finally, but most importantly... The food is absolutely delicious!

I would highly recommend this restaurant and can see why it's so popular!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm from london and have been to many various Indian restaurants, and this is by far the best I have experienced....

The service was friendly and professional, the food was fresh and tasty.

I believe the food was underpriced in comparison to london.

Would highly recommend!

2  Thank 1988AC
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were based in Gargrave for a week of walking and had 2 meals here. Both were excellent and the service was good. The Bangladeshi menu was pretty typical of most curry houses but I'd put this up amongst the best I've had. The restaurant isn't massive and was full on a tuesday evening, with a queue out the door on Saturday night so worth making a reservation before hand