“By far the best homemade cakes and baking in Yorkshire.”

White Cottage Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gargrave
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This little gem is worth seeking out whilst visiting Gargrave near Skipton.You will be met with a friendly Man and Wife team that make you feel welcome.The cakes ,pastries and tea breads have to be the Best that Yorkshire has to offer.My Daughter,Little Grandaughter and myself have visited here for 3 years and after sampling other tea rooms nothing can compare with this one.From the minute you walk in you are in cake heaven within a quaint cottage .We will definitely be back for more !!

1  Thank Jewel13moons

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have visited this beautiful tea room regularly over the last 2/3 years normally when we have been on our narrow boat. Vicky and Allan couldn't be more welcoming and friendly and always have time for a chat no matter how busy they are. Not only do they serve wonderful desserts, Luscious lemon layered sponge, Cherry and almond tart, amazing pink Meringues served with English strawberries and cream as well as the curd tart & Rhubarb pie already mentioned in the previous review and Scones, need I go on. Also Homemade soup of the day, excellent savoury quiches with fresh salad and coleslaw; and my favourite is Blue cheese and homemade chutney toastie. Freshly brewed coffee or tea in a mug or cup plenty of extra hot water on request. The ambiance is really relaxing with gentle music playing in the background while you can read the daily or local papers if you wish. Its not difficult to find approximately 100yds off the High Street, so next time you are in Gargrave Enjoy.

1  Thank mummydear
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Tucked away but well worth finding.amazing cakes and lovely food.extreamly welcoming and very friendly - nothing was too much trouble. glad we stopped here for lunch will definitely call in again.

1  Thank grahamndavey
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is a favourite cafe of ours. We have been going there for quite a few years, since our children were small. The food is always tasty and nicely presented and the home baking ( especially the homemade fruit pies) is second to none.
We chose to go there for Fathers Day, last weekend, and as always, there was a really friendly welcome and we had a lovely lunch( It always amazes me that Alan remembers what our favourites are!)
Would highly recommend this delightful cafe.

2  Thank June B
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My Daughter and I were looking for a cuppa after a walk along the Canal and decided to look around Gargrave in search of Tea Room.Having past through many times and seeing the usual Cafe closed (it was Monday) we decided to have a look around the Village.
We parked in the Car park,near the Village Hall and came across the White Cottage Tea Rooms.
What a find !
On entering my Daughter cheered, a table full of homemade cakes,it was a sight to behold, just like being at your favourite Aunty's for tea !!
We both had Tea and I had Yorkshire Curd Tart ,just superb and my daughter had the Rhubarb Pie and Ice Cream which she said was absolutely delicious.Everything is homemade(except the Bread we were told)
The Owners, Allan and Vicky,both passionate about their food, were very welcoming and we cannot praise this little Tea Room enough,it is closed Tuesday and Wednesday so try it out soon you wont be disappointed !!

2  Thank M0ssyB