“Nice cup of tea!”

White Cottage Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gargrave
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stopped in here on our way back from the village hall. I'd read the reviews on tripadvisor and thought it would be worth a try. The owners were friendly. The seating was quite limited but as we went when it was quiet we were easily seated. I decided to try a piece of the gooseberry pie with ice-cream. It was very nice although it was apple and gooseberry! The slice I was given was small with one scoop of ice-cream,if I'd have known how small it was going to be I wouldn't have bothered. The plate was a little bigger than a saucer! Especially when it cost £4.85!! I've been to numerous tea rooms and not been shocked by the price as I was when we received the bill. My husband's only comment about the place was that it smelt fusty but it is and old building.

1  Thank Elaine73Mc

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were persuaded to visit here by two passing locals who said it was the best. They were not wrong. The cakes and scones etc were superb. It' quite small but has a lovely cottagey feel with really nice china crockery.
The owners were very chatty and friendly. They sell beautiful preserves made locally too. Had to take some of the damson jam and the marmalade !! Well worth a visit

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited this little cafe for tea, coffee and cakes after a walk along the canal at Gargrave. This is a well hidden gem that provides outstanding homemade cakes in a quaint and friendly atmosphere. At first I thought that the price was a tad on the high side but on reflection it was not more that any of the high street chains would charge, but infinitely better.

1  Thank Marc Y
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Came across this tearoom by chance . Homemade cakes to die for! Fantastic quiche and salad for lunch . Amazing Simple, tasty, fresh food prepared and served by Allan and Vicky. We would definitely go out of our way to come here again. One of Yorkshires finest!

1  Thank Johno052
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We happened on this little tea shop by accident, just off the main street in Gargrave. Truly fabulous place - with a superb array of homemade cakes. I had the strawberry layer cake which was utterly gorgeous. A difficult choice, with so many freshly baked treats on offer. We also had cheese on toast with chutney - delicious, and generous. I can't think of a better tea shop - and I've been to a few. And the owners are very friendly too.

1  Thank likeswalking