“Poor repeat visit.”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My first experience eating here was good, the service, food and presentation. However, on this return it was very much not the same. Although the service from the waiting on staff was excellent both times, I was majorly disappointed at the quality of presentation, due to the burger being served toppled over, and also the general taste of the food. The cheesy garlic bread barely had cheese on two, let alone the four pieces you get, and the chips tasted undercooked and almost sour. Whether I return again is uncertain due to the lack of effort that seemed to have been put in by the chef tonight. - Monday 25th June.

1  Thank jeromestevens1978
The Plough G, Supervisor at The Plough Inn - Country Pub & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I would like to apologise for your negative experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further please email us at plough@fayreinns.co.uk.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited here recently with friends, for lunch, and really enjoyed the experience. The staff were friendly, efficient and welcoming, and there was a really nice atmosphere about the place. The food was absolutely delicious, with very generous portions, and all good value for money, and the service was prompt. There was also a good selection of beers, wines and spirits to choose from.
We would have no hesitation in returning to this pub, and just wish it was nearer to where we live.
Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Angela S
The Plough G, Supervisor at The Plough Inn - Country Pub & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind review. Why don't you take a look at our new Gin menu next time you visit us.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Living in Galgate my family and friends regularly visit the Plough inn for lunch or evening meal,especially in the summer when bouncy castle is up. Tonight I was just charged £6.90 for a large glass of red wine, when we are usually charged less than £4. When I queried the price, I was told they have a new wine menu. I’m sorry but that is extortionate, they don’t even charge that kind of price in an up market restaraunt. I’m sorry but I won’t be visiting again, even thought the food is good,

1  Thank debbie f

I am sorry to hear that you was unhappy with the price of your drink. Here at The Plough we have been developing some exciting new food and drinks menus to ensure the customer is given both and unforgettable experience and the best products that we have to offer. Our new wine menu starts from £3.95 a glass to £6.65 a glass ensuring that there are options to suit every customer. Please take some time to look at our new drinks menu and the extensive list of drinks and prices that we are now offering.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Called here for lunch with friends whilst cruising along the canal.
The Plough had been recommended by friends. I'm pleased to say that we weren't disappointed.
It seems to be a popular place, but we were fortunate to find a table for four inside the pub without any problem.
After a quick perusal of the menu and a look round other diners choices, we were ready to order.
A trip to the bar achieved a lunch order and a round of drinks served by a very pleasant member of staff.
When lunch arrived, we were all happy with our choices. A ploughman's lunch, roast beef dinner, chicken, ham and leak pie and from the specials board a mixed fish platter.
You need a good appetite to get through these portions. We were glad that we hadn't ordered a starter and we could not have managed a desert.
All the staff we came across were very friendly and it was certainly service with a smile.
All in all, a great meal, good experience and all reasonably priced.
We will definitely call again.

1  Thank Alan H
The Plough G, Supervisor at The Plough Inn - Country Pub & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I will pass the message of appreciation on to our team.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

This is the nearest pub to the well known Lancaster University, so is a nice walk on a summers day (or a cold walk on a winters day) from the Graduate College. If you enjoy British food and beer, then this is a nice pub. It has a little garden, and the staff are friendly. Prices are a tiny bit higher than in the City Centre, but this is not a big problem. I enjoyed my lunch, and treated a friend who enjoyed his very English "Fish and Chips!"

1  Thank Andrew-Li-Suitor
The Plough G, Supervisor at The Plough Inn - Country Pub & Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

The beer garden is lovely in the summer. It could provide a well deserved rest from all of that exam revision for you.