“Quality traditional food”

Dining options: Reservations
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
“Quality traditional food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Not much needs saying. It's consistently excellent. Nothing too fancy so great for a family meal of all ages and brilliant for Sunday lunch. The puddings (and they do have proper ones, with custard) are delicious. Friendly service. Very reasonably priced for what you get, just had 3 course Sunday lunch for £16, my little girl was half-price.

Burnley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not worth going back, expensive for what it is...awful service..”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I tried it few years ago and was not impressed. I thought hat may be I was difficult. went there on Friday night and to be honest you would do better at home. the place is dated and unclean. the portions are big but there is no skills at all. frozen mainly except for he meat. this meal proved to me that I should never go back. it is ok for guests hat wishes for big plate and where quantity is more important than quality.
the table set up is so dated, if you are two or four all the cutleries and glassware will stay on the table. not only on our...on all of them...
obviously some guests really like he place and that is why we ave it a second chance but to be honest I will not be spending my money there again.
good luck to them..

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Olivier F
Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Traditional and hearty food”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

When we arrived at the bar area of the restaurant I wondered what we'd let ourselves in for, it's almost like stepping back in time. However, the waitress was excellent and very friendly and there was plenty on the menu to choose from. We were led through to a table and it was all perfectly laid out. I opted for the rack of lamb and my boyfriend went for the shoulder of lamb. Both were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. The sides and desserts were also lovely. It was just like the best kind of home cooking. Very traditional but tasty.

• Visited February 2014
Irlam Manchester
“Top class restaurant”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I was invited to Rigby's for a family meal on Sunday. Unbeknown to me it was actually a surprise 60th birthday party for me! I was greeted at the door and escorted in to the back room where there was 50 friends and family waiting for me. The food and service where brilliant, nicest food I have had in a long time. We weren't rushed at all and were welcome to,stay as long as we liked. All in all a fabulous party all round. Bannoffi pie was gorgeous.

Visited February 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect, could not fault!!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

9 of us went for a 70th birthday meal, the staff were superb so friendly!!! The food was incredible, great value for money!! Would recommend to everyone and would definitely visit again and again and again!!!!!! All 9 of us were extremely satisfied! Made even better by leaving with multiple vouchers for £5 off!!!!!!!! Can't compliment this restaurant enough x thank you for a brilliant night