“Nice holiday”

Golden Donaire Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We spent here a week in 2012 october with my 1,5old son and husband. The hotela location is just perfect, right on the beach. We loved it. The rooms were basic, but its ok. Food was excellent, huge choice.(we had full board) The only thing, that this time of the year wasnt much going on and the bars, restaurants, started to closing down. But we was still enjoing the sun on the beach and went for many tours!
We would definitely recommend this hotel!:)

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the street and from the reception
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beata K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great place for all ages from babies to like me retired, Food excellent, situated in the ideal place, very quiet but soon able to get into Salou, Plenty of buses to local markets,this will be out 6th year, with all the family, rooms requests always given, cannot find anything to fault this holiday resort.

Room Tip: we always ask for a low room , but not too everyones taste as you hear the music at night, but hey...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank greenacorn
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Hotel was great, all was great, but i can advise to do better cleaning in rooms!
Staff eas friendly, and every evening in hotel pool side was attractions for kids and grown-ups.
The hotel can be for the all types off travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sunc0ast
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed hear back in September me and my boyfriend a young couple, this was our first holiday and stayed hear for 11 days defo recommended as it was brilliant everything about the holiday was fab, we were all inclusive which was fab food was brill as were the drinks :) bar staff were also very friendly loved the holiday all round and would deffo come back to the same hotel, I stayed in salou before but much rather this location as it was lovely and quite but plenty to do and was never bored

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Linzeyandmatt
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Beachside setting, lovely dated but clean rooms, with space, kids club great, pool was packed but, people were considerate and fave you room. Food was average for a Spanish holiday, not the greatest out of the golden chain, but still variety. Kids could eat variety too. Clean rooms daily,. Only a stones throw from the aqua polis water park, which is a must see, a taxi into salon will cost approx 10euro, buying a bus pass can save you the extra pennies. There isn't a lot going on in la Pineda as it's a quiet resort, and the beach isn't as great as salons. Parks are great for kids in area. All in all, I'd say for us great location, setting, staff fab, and amenities. We would return

Room Tip: Sea view, front of the hotel, bit noisyt hough
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank anita m
Reviewed 5 November 2013

To be honest, beach holidays have never really been my thing.... But then my son came along and now I don't really have as much choice as our holidays also have to take his needs into account. The Golden Donaire really doesn't disappoint. For anyone with kids, this is an ideal place to visit.

Located literally right on the beach, it offers everything you could possibly want from your holiday. The amazing animation team who seem to have an abundance of energy and keep the little people entertained all day (and most of the night too!). The Thomson Kids Club (Thanks Gemma & Rihannon) not forgetting the rest of the Thomson Team who were also so helpful and friendly.

The rooms in the hotel are quite basic but we didn't spend a lot of time there to be fair. The breakfast & dinner in the restaurant was excellent. The buffet had so much choice, there had to be something to please everyone. The bar staff were so friendly and the Happy Hour glass of Cava for €1 became my new favourite tipple.

We enjoyed it so much that we've already booked again for next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Prior to having our son my husband and I would never had booked a Spanish Beach holiday. We have always booked City Breaks and "Backpack Style" holidays. However we decided to take our son away for his 3rd birthday and thought perhaps we should give the family beach holiday a try. I am so glad we did! Our son had the time of his little life on this wonderful holiday.

THE LOCATION - When they say it's right on the beach they really mean it!!! You couldn't get any closer. The beach is also really quite nice. It was popular but not over crowded (We went in Sept so perhaps we were lucky). The water is so shallow which was great for my 3yo son and my 9yo nephew. I was also really impressed with how well maintained the beach was.

It’s a short walk from La Pineda shops (maybe 5 mins). The shops and bars are very cheesy and typical of the places we Brits go but nice enough and it was a nice walk after dinner on the nights we wanted to stay close by.

THE HOTEL
If the location great then the hotel is good.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel but I would say that the 3 star rating is probably right (and you are just lucky to get the 5 star views) It was VERY clean (and even met my mother cleaning standards which really is saying something) and the staff were very friendly. Our boys especially liked Juan in the Restaurant.

Our room was small but the view was great over looking the pool and then onto the beach and the sea. Although small it was clean and had pretty much everything we needed. I would suggest a couple of hooks on the back of the door or in the entrance area. I know that seems really small but it was a real pain having nowhere to hang anything.

THE FOOD
The food was simple and basic but plentiful and well catered for Brits. My mother is extremely fussy and she managed to enjoy a meal every night.

THE POOL
The pool was small but lovely. There was LOADS of sun beds and seating around the pool. Plus great views of the beach and sea.

DAY TRIPS
I would absolutely recommend a day at Aquapolis. It was amazing and the boys had a great day out.

Tarragona was BEAUTIFUL.

Barcelona is very easy BUT I WOULD NOT BOOK WITH THOMPSON. They lied to us about what their trip included, lied to us about other companies offering similar trips and OVER CHARGED US for our son too. Talking to other guests on the coach it seems that other Thompson reps were telling the same lies at other hotels in the area too.

The Zoo in Barcelona was great.

Overall we had a great first family holiday and would absolutely return to this area and even this hotel.

But I would NOT book with Thompson!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1 mi away
No photo provided
Salou Aquamarina
#2 of 2 in Vila Seca

Been to Golden Donaire Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!