“Terrible week- rating needs to be reviewed!”
Review of Palas Pineda

Palas Pineda
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
England, United Kingdom
“Terrible week- rating needs to be reviewed!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ok we are being totally honest here. I have read reviewers comments before we booked the hotel and thought I would make my own opinion as surely it couldn't be that bad! I am sorry fellow reviewers for not believing some points made...all I can say is what a terrible hotel! I have been in four or five star rated hotels over the years and believe me this hotel is indeed needing some TLC!

Reception
Reception staff were ignorant and were not helpful with information.

Room
We were located on the third floor and over the tennis court.. Unfortunately early hours ( 2am or even 3am) we had the bottle lorry collecting bottles which I can tell you was not good when you have an eight year old ( and indeed us!) trying to sleep. We could not keep a window open due to the staff and deliveries making that much noise in the early hours of the morning! I am not exaggerating!!!!
The rooms were in need of a paint, the air conditioning didn't work and the pillows were no wider than a kitchen towel!

CNN was the only channel available and to top it off our maid kept on changing the channels!

Cracked tiles as we stepped onto the veranda which we had to be careful in case we had an accident!

Noise
To top it off we had spaniards who were staying in the hotel having lengthy conversations at night, in the corridor, in the early hours of the morning! No consideration for other guests!! They were very senior and should have known better! We were so tired each night that we ended up having our own siesta in the afternoon just to get some sleep!

I agree with the other reviewer that the restaurant is catered for the locals and the food is certainly only a 2 star! Don't be deceived by the lovely photos of the hotel! They are a market ploy! You think you are getting a bargain and believe you me you are not! Food was disgusting and there was a lady from the kitchens who came out and shouted at the guests for taking food from the childrens area.
The waiter/ waitresses were arrogant and rude and when you told them your room number they seemed to not believe you and wanted to see your room card to check! It was interesting they never asked the Spanish guests for the card for proof!

Overview
Leaves around the area, piled up around the edges. No maintenance
The swimming pool was dirty and not cleaned out...I worried when my boy went in as he is a wart baby and to not go in the pool was torture for him!
The indoor swimming pool was dirty and I am not sure when it was last cleaned
The only good thing was the lifeguard was around to ensure little ones were safe but the floor was slippy and no maintenance.
Tennis court was flooded when it rained and very unkept
Squeaky playground, old swings in need of TLC and some oil!
Games room - some machines were not working

So anything good you ask? .... Ermmmmmmm... No sorry you asked for an honest opinion and you got one. I have never reviewed before but felt that it was only right I told you what happened to us.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Cherry K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very disappointed with this hotel. Reception décor 4 star, Dining facilities and food quality 2 star, entertainment facility and entertainment 2 star. No bar open in the hotel where you could get a quiet drink, only bar is in the entertainment room where most seats were always taken.Outside facilities and pool area very good but had not been cleaned in a long time, pools were dirty and advised they did not open until May although nothing to stop children swimming in the dirty water whilst we were there.
Staff generally were unsociable with the exception of the bar, drinks were expensive.
Biggest disappointment was the food. Many of the dishes were lukewarm to cold, poor selection, poor presentation and in a canteen like facility.
Rooms were good and included a fridge, only English language program on TV was CNN.
During most of our stay the hotel was full of local pensioner groups and it's possible food may have been tailored for these bookings!
Have stayed at a 3 star hotel nearby where food selection and quality is 4 star, it does not open until April 30th hence we chose the Palas Hotel thinking it would be as good if not better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 9256george
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great value hotel. It has everything you would need for a family break. It is perfectly situated for the beach, shops & restaurants. It has a few places which could do with a re paint but in the whole cleanliness is very good. The food is typical hot buffet food which is ok but can be repetitive. Hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. English spoken.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ClaraClick
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The holidays started from horrible experience in the lobby of the hotel ...my sister was robbed in the reception area!Passports,driver license, camera and money were stolen!Absolutly no security in the hotel,anybody can come in and out !Administration of the hotel even did not apologized I am not even talking compensate for the accident! Nobody cared or bothered to do anything about it.
As a matter of fact this is not a single accident!But hotel management do not do anything about it!
Too cheap to post a security personal at the entries!Overall hotel is outdated and required TLC.Food is nothing to write home about,very plain,overlooked in some occasions and undercooked in others.Stuff is lazy,hardly want to help you,making check in and out long and painfully difficult!The view form Palas2 is beautiful but that is about the nicest thing I can say about this Hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Luda U

Travellers are raving about these La Pineda hotels

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip last month to La Pineda. My cousin and I along with 3 children aged 9-12 stayed at the Palas Pineda for one week. We had a great experience and would definately return. The hotel was extremely clean and child friendly staff were very warm although could only speak very little english if at all. The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily along with towels changed daily regardless. Very good choice of food in the restaurant, and breakfast was good too. We enjoyed our evening meals most nights,the staff were also attentive. Would definately recommend all inclusive as it would have been extremely expensive otherwise. Pools were good and not too packed, although the first day we got caught out as we didnt go to the pool until around noon at which time there were no sunbeds. We hung around and managed to get sun beds after a couple of hours. The safe cost 20euros as well as 10euro deposit, felt this was quite costly as the hotels i would normally stay in safes come free... If you want a towel this is also 10euros which is refunded upon departure providing you return the towel, you are able to change towels daily or more often should you wish. The pool bar entertainment wasnt tthat great to be honest but we didnt mind as we were always busy doing something or the other. The beach is litterally a stones throw away which is really lovely and a parade of shops on the beach front as well as restaurants. The hotel is made up of two parts it appears that the rooms in the main building have been refurbished however, the rooms on the other side have not. We were so glad when we realised we had the nicer rooms as we didnt like the look of the blue floral bedding and matching curtains. Kids played happily by the pool most days and were watched over closely by the life guards. Enterainment by the pool half way through our hols helped as staff provided inflatable slides etc whereby the children had alot of fun, they also played music for a few days which made a nice change and it was not too loud. The icecream is lovely by the way at the pool bar, although there didnt appear to be a great deal of food choices, merely hotdogs, a small selection of cakes and pizza, and a choice of fruit. Not that we were really hungry as we tended to be full from breakfast and lunch etc

Lastly, the bar on the 1st floor near reception is lovely, with a nice outdoor seating area and omg they really like to fill your drinks halfway with whatever spirit, before adding your mixer... I had to beg them to stop way before the halfway mark.

We took a trip to Porterventura which was a short bus ride away. Great theme park, definately well worth the visit. Upon leaving we had a early flight so staff provided us with picnic boxes for each of us for breakfast. The contents of which wasn't great but hey its the thought that counts.
Definately a great choice for all.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building have been refurbished so much nicer.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank HoneyB123
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have stayed at Palas Pineda at least 10 times now!! I love it - excellent value in May or September . very homely and the beach on your doorstep what more could you wamt? suitable for everybody young or older.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have stayed in the resort of La Pineda 3 times, and the last 2 times we stayed in this hotel. The first was my husband and I for my 30th birthday, and the 2nd time we came back with our children and extended family. Both holidays were amazing we had a brilliant time and we are planning to go back next summer. We always go all inclusive I like the freedom of the kids being able to go and get drinks and ice cream as they please, it gives more freedom with your spending money, the all inclusive food was great I have 3 somewhat fussy eaters who enjoyed all their meals they have a different kind of theme each night. The hotel has lots of space and great pools, the staff are lovely and some even remembered us from our 1st stay, the rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels. The hotel itself is spotless. We love this resort as you are close to the beach which is just across the road and you have the option of going into Salou for shopping and nightlife. There is the theme park of Portaventura which we love, though we always buy our tickets for the park on the internet before we go as to buy them at the park entrance is quite expensive. When we went as a couple it was October the hotel was quiet which was what I wanted as I needed a relaxed holiday and it suited us, it seem to be more couples and older people there at that time of year, the 2nd time was June which was more families with kids, both holidays were totally different but the same hotel which was amazing on both occasions.

Room Tip: pool view room is nice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
#6 of 8 in La Pineda
Apartamentos Pineda Park
Apartamentos Pineda Park
#1 of 8 in La Pineda

Been to Palas Pineda? Share your experiences!