“all inclusive a must . rob , horley”
Review of Palas Pineda

Palas Pineda
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
Reviewed 4 June 2014

went for 3 nights to the hotel palas all inclusive . first time in spain with our grandson . excellent value for money. very child friendly . all staff very helpful . food good and plenty of it . a quiet bar next to reception , been to Dubai and usa a lot but this is well worth a visit . and to top off holiday there is a fantastic theme park a short bus ride away as good as any usa park !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 61rob2014
There are newer reviews for Palas Pineda

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here 4 years ago and loved it so came back, it's a stunning hotel, rooms are very clean, towels changed daily if you wish, we stayed all inclusive again, the food is good, plenty to chose from, although it's not always hot so we just used one of the 2 microwaves that are there to be used ! Lovely fresh massive salad selection, you will not go hungry that's for sure, the pool was very clean and it was never busy so we always got loungers where ever we wanted them, night entertainment isn't the best if your English, but that didn't bother us, all the staff are very friendly, we never had to stick to 1 drink each like some state, we had plenty ;) we will definately stay here again. The beach is literally 2 minutes away and beautiful. Fab holiday had by both of us ! F40 M31

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Linz S
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have read the other reviews but I could not fault this hotel. The hotel is stunning so are the grounds, yes maybe it needs a bit of paint work but have the other reviews stayed at the Molineux Park or Oasis and seen how bad some standards are in Spain. We have stayd 4 times at this hotel and the food generally is good, the location is 2 minutes from the beautiful beach and our experience so far of the staff is positive. We would go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Alexc247
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This moment you walk through the front doors you can see that this hotel was once taken care of and one of the best hotels in the area. but time has taken its toll. the building is in need of some repairs etc and even some new paint would help restore this hotel. Bins need emptying more around the hotel as they sometimes can be full. The food is ok but i lived on pasta and tomato sauce as its all i could eat. For the cost though i would say we enjoyed our holiday overall.

Room Tip: I would request a side view room, facing over the tennis court as you are further away from the nois...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

First off I hate having to write this as I'm not a person who has ever posted in a forum but I felt that strongly about how badly treated my family and I were that I felt I should warn travellers off this hotel. When we arrived I thought it looked amazing but we were soon greeted with a very strong hostility towards British people and made to feel like peasants. Only positive was the meals but apart from that it was the worst hotel ever! We were lazing in the Jacuzzi when my fiance noticed a brown thing beside the pool.... a piece of excrement!! It sat beside the pool for a good while (we left the pool and so did everyone else) then the lifeguard comes in and wipes it (with toilet roll) and the stain was still there the next day! They didn't mop it or clean the water. The same lifeguard then man handled my 3 year-old daughter in the vacinity of the pool before doing the same to a 4 year old Russian boy! There was entertainment for the kids but it was from 9-9.45PM and it was a disco that only had about 5 songs on repeat!!! The staff were the rudest I've ever experienced and the receptionists were unbelievably unhelpful, I would never ever go back and I would urge all British people to do the same as they treat you appallingly

Room Tip: Don't go plain and simple!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank 807Lily1984
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ok we are being totally honest here. I have read reviewers comments before we booked the hotel and thought I would make my own opinion as surely it couldn't be that bad! I am sorry fellow reviewers for not believing some points made...all I can say is what a terrible hotel! I have been in four or five star rated hotels over the years and believe me this hotel is indeed needing some TLC!

Reception
Reception staff were ignorant and were not helpful with information.

Room
We were located on the third floor and over the tennis court.. Unfortunately early hours ( 2am or even 3am) we had the bottle lorry collecting bottles which I can tell you was not good when you have an eight year old ( and indeed us!) trying to sleep. We could not keep a window open due to the staff and deliveries making that much noise in the early hours of the morning! I am not exaggerating!!!!
The rooms were in need of a paint, the air conditioning didn't work and the pillows were no wider than a kitchen towel!

CNN was the only channel available and to top it off our maid kept on changing the channels!

Cracked tiles as we stepped onto the veranda which we had to be careful in case we had an accident!

Noise
To top it off we had spaniards who were staying in the hotel having lengthy conversations at night, in the corridor, in the early hours of the morning! No consideration for other guests!! They were very senior and should have known better! We were so tired each night that we ended up having our own siesta in the afternoon just to get some sleep!

I agree with the other reviewer that the restaurant is catered for the locals and the food is certainly only a 2 star! Don't be deceived by the lovely photos of the hotel! They are a market ploy! You think you are getting a bargain and believe you me you are not! Food was disgusting and there was a lady from the kitchens who came out and shouted at the guests for taking food from the childrens area.
The waiter/ waitresses were arrogant and rude and when you told them your room number they seemed to not believe you and wanted to see your room card to check! It was interesting they never asked the Spanish guests for the card for proof!

Overview
Leaves around the area, piled up around the edges. No maintenance
The swimming pool was dirty and not cleaned out...I worried when my boy went in as he is a wart baby and to not go in the pool was torture for him!
The indoor swimming pool was dirty and I am not sure when it was last cleaned
The only good thing was the lifeguard was around to ensure little ones were safe but the floor was slippy and no maintenance.
Tennis court was flooded when it rained and very unkept
Squeaky playground, old swings in need of TLC and some oil!
Games room - some machines were not working

So anything good you ask? .... Ermmmmmmm... No sorry you asked for an honest opinion and you got one. I have never reviewed before but felt that it was only right I told you what happened to us.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Cherry K
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very disappointed with this hotel. Reception décor 4 star, Dining facilities and food quality 2 star, entertainment facility and entertainment 2 star. No bar open in the hotel where you could get a quiet drink, only bar is in the entertainment room where most seats were always taken.Outside facilities and pool area very good but had not been cleaned in a long time, pools were dirty and advised they did not open until May although nothing to stop children swimming in the dirty water whilst we were there.
Staff generally were unsociable with the exception of the bar, drinks were expensive.
Biggest disappointment was the food. Many of the dishes were lukewarm to cold, poor selection, poor presentation and in a canteen like facility.
Rooms were good and included a fridge, only English language program on TV was CNN.
During most of our stay the hotel was full of local pensioner groups and it's possible food may have been tailored for these bookings!
Have stayed at a 3 star hotel nearby where food selection and quality is 4 star, it does not open until April 30th hence we chose the Palas Hotel thinking it would be as good if not better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
H10 Mediterranean Village
Hotel Best Sol D'Or
Hotel Best Sol D'Or
#40 of 93 in Salou

Been to Palas Pineda? Share your experiences!