“nice clean apartments”

Apartamentos Los Juncos
Reviewed 5 September 2013

clean apartments and good value for money, only complaint was that the pool was closed! really annoying as it was getting hotter by the day. beach and shops only 5 mins away.
on arrival you have to pick keys up the office is located across the road 5 minutes walk quite hard to find if you don't no were to go, but we asked locals and they pointed us the right way.
would stay again.

Room Tip: pool view rooms and view of the theme park
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank sammy1987
There are newer reviews for Apartamentos Los Juncos

Reviewed 30 August 2013

La PIneda itself is a very lovely location so don't let this review put you off going there, however I strongly recommend that under no circumstances do you stay at Los Juncos. 2 days before we arrived I emailed them to ask for an early check in as we were travelling with 4 children and had a very early flight - I got no response. On arrival we found that the office was about 1/2 mile away from the apartments, which isn't ideal when you have 4 children and lots of luggage. When we got to the office only one member of staff spoke a bit of English, the rest had no comprehension of the English language at all. They took our €150 cash deposit and said we could check in at 2pm. We returned at 2pm and checked in without any issues.

Once settled in the apartment which was very small we noticed the slats on the sofa bed were broken, the fan did not work & the bathroom sink was blocked. We reported these the following day. The slats got replaced, the sink remained blocked & we were told the fan just doesn't work - not good in 30 degrees heat and without air con!!! We didn't complain again we just got on with our holiday & made the very best of it. We washed the bedding & towels ourselves midweek as there are no spares & no maid service, again we never complained about this.

On our last day we were told someone would come at 9:30am to check the apartment and then return our deposit. However we had an early flight and was being collected at 8:30am. I went to the office and informed them of this. They said they wouldn't come that early, so they returned my cash deposit and took the €150 from my debit card & said they would refund it the same day so long as the apartment was to their satisfaction.

My partner and I are quite particular when it comes to cleanliness & tidyness, we emptied the fridge & cupboards of all our stuff, stripped the beds & put them in a pile with the towels, brushed through the apartment & left it clean and tidy.

A couple of days after we had returned I checked my bank to see they had taken the €150 yet only returned €100. I emailed them to ask why, their reply - "after review of Los juncos apartment we have discounted €50 for cleaning costs, invoice attached"
Obviously I replied and asked for this to be specified. Their reply " you left a carrier bag on the kitchen floor and a bottle, and the floor was not cleaned, so it took cleaning services longer to prepare the room for the next client and they charged us €50 for their time"
Seriously can you believe that, the carrier bag contained the last few bits of rubbish we had collected before we left & the bottle was an empty bottle of water, not quite sure how that amounts to €50 of additional work!! I'm sure if they had come to return our cash deposit they wouldn't of had the audacity to try and withhold €50 from us as we would of just taken them outside ourselves. Definitely a case of your not in this country so we will do what the hell we like!!!

I replied again with another email 3 days ago asking for them to resolve the issue, I am yet to get a reply!!!! SLY, CUNNING, THEIVES IN MY EYES, I will definately not be returning!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Dan_and_Kath
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Hello,

I also booked the stay (Sep' 5 to 12) through Saint Just real states (through booking.com). We arrived late, so we had to find the real state's shop (300-400m from the APTS - the address was in the voucher) and there were a warning to collect the keys in a nearby restaurant. After collecting the keys, we went to the apartment.

The Apt had a spacious dining room, 2 small rooms and a very nice balcony. The kitchen lacks a microwave oven, other than that it is well equipped.

The major problem is the lack of TV and since there is a €150 deposit that is due on arrival, I do not see the problem of putting a cheap and small TV on the Apt.

The swimming pool is big and the garden area is well maintained.

It is well located (2 minute walk to the beach, 5 minute drive to PortAventura or Salou)

Overall, I would come back and it was great!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Quinzico
Reviewed 7 September 2010

When we arrived at the apts we found it hard to find the location of the sant just office which was in the town itself. Only for a cork couple had gone through the same problem the day before ,they told us where to go. Once we got sorted we found the apt to be of a nice size and the amenities to be good. Then on the 3rd day it went downhill with people knocking on our door saying they were at the wrong apt and while while my wife and kids went swimming i nipped out to the shops, i was only gone about half an hour when my wife and kids returned from their swim. When i came back from the shops i noticed my ipod was missing, it was then my wife noticed her jewelery missing along with a sum of money. Amazingly there was no sign of a break in yet our door was locked and the shutters on the windows were closed. We found out 5 other apts to be robbed in the same way on the same day. On the 1st day we were talking to a person who could speak english in the sant just office who we paid for our apt and amazingly the same day as the robbery, no person could speak english. We found them very unhelpful as we felt it unsafe to stay there, feeling that it could happen again. They wouldn't do anything for us or wouldn't move us elsewhere. We had to stay in the apt until our trip was over and had to stay there practically 24/7 as we feared of another breakin. During the stay a glass cupboard that was not secured properly to the wall fell down on top of one of our kids. There is no safe also no electric kettle or television in the apt. So be very careful if you decide to go there as the robberies seem to take place not long after people arrive. As for me i would not advise anybody to stay at los juncos apts as it is unsafe. On our last day another robbery took place there not long after another family started their holiday and i feel that the apts are being watched. SO FOR ANYONE DECIDING TO STAY THERE PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL AND DON'T DEPEND ON THE PEOPLE IN THE SANT JUST OFFICE TO HELP YOU.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JACLAD
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Just arrived back from Los Juncos and the apartment was very clean and spacious, nice big balcony, good sized rooms, only one bathroom and no air con. Kitchen had fridge freezer, cooker and washing machine, however, No kettle, No Microwave, No iron which I note other reviewers seem to have had included in theirs. These can be rented, but not clear from whom. The pool was great - fantastic temperature, but no sun loungers was a bit of a disappointment. We booked through Sant Just office, but BEWARE if you get a late flight or were delayed as we were, as office was closed on our arrival and keys left with a restaurant which was closed too, so we had to sleep on the beach! (Two kids, granny and me and husband), so not a great start to our holiday. Staff at Sant Just totally disinterested in our dilemma and no qualms about it happening to another unsuspecting family whose flight may be delayed and who've been travelling for hours with flight delays, taxi journeys and youngsters in tow!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Shazell
Reviewed 15 October 2005

Just arrived back from a very comfortable stay at the Los Juncos apartments, La Pineda, Salou. As with the other reviews the rooms are A1 and spotless. All the rooms are big and the apartments come equipped with washing machine, full cooker, fridge, combo mirco/grill, iron and ironing board, security shutters and an alarm. These apartments have 2 swimming pools (the larger with a fab refreshing waterfall), teniscourts, crazy golf and are part owned by La Pineda apartments which are across the street and whose additional facility you also have the use of (2 more pools). Across the street there is also entertainment nightly and the food is of a good standard. The apartment we had was overlooking the pools, waterfall and with Portaventura in the distance, made the whole stay magical for the kids. The local bus is just 2 mins walk and a bus to Salou central costs €1.50 per person over 4 years and takes about 10 mins, to get this bus to Portaventura (fantastic for all/a must visit) costs €1.60 and it take about 15 mins. It is about a 10 min walk to the la pineda water park/dolphin show (also fantastic), 5 min walk to beach, and the Airport also only a 10 min taxi ride (should cost less than €25, be careful they can charge you up to €40. I'd defo go back and I’m currently organising a trip of 38 people to visit salou and stay at these apartments. Tip: organise portaventura tickets before you go, you can get deals like 7 days for the price of 1 on the net and you need more than 1 day there, its huge and unforgettable, I’d return to salou for portaventura alone.

• Stayed: October 2005
12  Thank Dec Mur
Reviewed 18 September 2005

Booked this cautiously as, at time of booking, I could not find any reviews. It is classed as a 2* but is definitely more. Lovely and clean, excellent kitchen, large rooms and balcony. Pool and garden area is really nice. Obviously privately owned apartments which are very secure and the "regulars/owners" held a sports event/parties for the children while we were there. Don't expect the maid service to clean and get rid of your rubbish though. They delivered clean sheets and towels after a week and we had to make our own beds and put our rubbish in the bins outside the apartments. This wasn't a problem for us as we are not fussy and like our privacy but some people do like daily service. We found the resorts of La Pineda and Salou ok but nothing to shout about. Our main reason for going was to go to Port Aventura which is brilliant, great atmosphere and rides. I would definitely go to Port Aventura again but would go just for a weekend and stay at one of their hotels. Although Los Juncos apartments were lovely (the best we saw in the area), the area itself didn't have a great appeal for us. Good holiday but mainly because of Port Aventura.

• Stayed: August 2005