“Excellent”
Review of Talayot

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala'n Forcat
Talayot
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cala'n Forcat
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in June, two adults and two kids under 6. Cannot stress how good this place is for families plenty of activites if you wish, or quieter pools if this is not what you are after. We stayed in block H which was perfect with young kids, again block E is opposite and just as good.

We ate out at Talayot, Lancora , Cuore and Frankie's and could not fault the food at any. Favourite being the steaks at cuore. Frankies the kids loved, food slightly more basic and cheaper but totally fine. Entertainment here is cringeworthy, Lauren appeared to not want to be there and if she did not know your kids then basically she did not bother with them at all.

We brought food bag with fresh ham bread butter yogurts and the likes with us, as well as soup, pasta and snacks for the kids. This was the best thing we had done as it saves a lot of money and the hassle and expense of eating out three times a day. There is a spar directly across the road but it is quite a bit more expensive.

All in all this place is super. We would return in a heartbeat. Thomsons girls and entertainment fab for kids. We booked one excursion - the pirates. Brilliant for a six year old. Plenty during the day and at night although night time entertainment could do with shake up and something more exciting. Six pools, crazy golf, slides, shaded play areas, parks and go karts all on site is fantastic you really would not need to step outside Talayots at all :)

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank JS1719

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a perfect family holiday at the Talayot apartments, everything about the holiday was so easy, from the flights to the transfers and check in. The apartments are really clean, comfortable and well equipped with a full sized fridge, safe and plenty of storage space. We are a family of four (2 boys aged 7 and 4) and had a one bed apartment that we were worried may be too small but it perfectly suited our needs. The boys slept in the lounge which had black out curtains meaning we all got a lie in. The pools were great, but a little cold, recommend taking wetsuits for the kids if you're going early in the season. Lots of playgrounds, go karts, crazy golf - my kids thought it was amazing. We used kids club once in the evening so my husband and I had dinner on our own. We ate out every night and were amazed at all the play areas for the children, literally every restaurant has some sort of bouncy castle, trampolines etc meaning after dinner we got to sit and have a drink while they were happy playing. The staff at Talayot were brilliant, so enthusiastic and helpful. Gemma in entertainment was brilliant - made for the job. The resort itself is slightly run down and a bit tired, but if you go out of the apartments and turn left and walk to Pirates Cove, there's a beautiful restaurant. We ate here twice, the service was amazing, we felt like part of the family. Beautiful views and again a play area for the children. We hired a car for 35 euros one day and explored the island which was worth doing.

All in all, a fantastic holiday. We booked last minute and got a great deal so was amazing value for money. Would definitely recommend this place if you're travelling with young children.

Room Tip: We stayed in K block which was close enough to everything but still quite quiet. T block was lovely...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Helen423
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is our 2nd time at the Talayot . It's still a fantastic place for a family holiday . It has everything you need Except a sunbed around the pool . I kid you not there is'nt a German in sight yet the Brits holidaying here dont even bother getting up early & putting towels on the beds - they leave the towels on overnight every night for the whole length of the holiday . Seriously the hotel needs to get a grip & stop this practice - I watched one family - all 7 of them arrive poolside at 3.30pm after having a lovely day at the beach . The bad thing being those beds had been empty all day & various family's came Looking for beds during the day - in fact this is exactly what happened day in day out . Familys not even using the beds they had reserved . So Thomsons & the Talayot management let themselves down on that score . They should not allow this practice to continue . Seriously what gives a family the right to reserve the same sunbeds all day every day & other family's do not get a look in . It's really not fair - some family's had really small baby's & there's mum/ dad & 3 teenagers all sleeping under 3 brollys. Not once did I see anyone offer up brollys to the family's with really small children in scorching hot heat . So for that reason the Talayot & its gung ho sunbed huggers gets a thumbs down from me . Who wants to be fighting for space round a swimming pool ? Holidays are supposed to be relaxing . I reckon it would be a nightmare in high season . A private villa was actually cheaper than what we paid to visit the Talayot so next year that's for us . What a shame because this complex & accomadation has everything needed to make a great family holiday - but seriously who wants sunbed war every day ? That hassle I can do without . Photos to follow !

• Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank Catherine F
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here in June 2014, 3 adults and 2 young children. We had 2 one bedroom apartments which gave us lots of space. The kids club was amazing and there was entertainment every night which was suitable for all the family.

1  Thank gbfuncasinos c
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have just got back from a week at Talayot (14-21 June). We travelled with Thomson and booked 3 weeks before we left so it was a bit of a late deal and we got a good price. I wasn't expecting too much due to the low star rating but I was very pleasantly surprised.

We had a 2 bedroom apartment and I had e-mailed prior to arriving to request a room near the reception and near to the kids splash pool on an upper floor. As soon as I gave my name at check in the lady on reception told me they had put us in between the 2 since they are at opposite ends. Check in was busy but quick and the staff on reception were very friendly and helpful. We had a brilliant location (room D2) overlooking the main pool, accross from the pool bar. It was quite noisy in daytime with music and kids playing but we liked that and it was nice and quiet at night when the little one was asleep. The room was lovely and clean and there was loads of space inside and on the balcony. Maids came most days and chenged towels as often as needed.

The pools were busy but since there are so many there was plently of room. There were a lot of people who left their towels on the sun loungers all night and that would have been a bit annoying but we were literally 10 steps from our own balcony and room so it didn't really matter to us. There were also plenty of play areas which my 2 years old loved.

Cala N Forcat itself is ok. We spent most nights in the shopping bar where we could have a drink (the hubby could watch the world cup) and my daughter could play on the bouncy castle next to it. Most of the bars have something for the kids but we liked this one, bit quieter. There were plenty of nice restaurants too however it's not really 5 star dining, all perfectly nice though. We did go to one place a couple fo times (and I can't remember the name, something like Rodan?) and that was really nice, just past the dolphin roundabout on the left. There are a lot of places which seem to have closed down which is a shame and it was quite quiet in general. I'm sure it's a bit more bustling in the summer holidays but I have no idea how these businesses survive.

All in all it was a lovely holiday and I would definitely go back to Talayot if I was to go to Cala N Forcat again. The facilities, cleanliness and space were way above 2 star in my opinion and we paid a very reasonable price for a last minute holiday. Just to give a bit of praise to Thomson tto - the rep called our room midway through the holiday to ask if we were enjoyign ourselves and if there was anything else we needed which I thought was nice, I've never had a rep give that kind of individual attention before.

If you want a nice, easy, cheap family break then I would recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the middle of the action during the day then go for room D2 - nice and quiet at...
1  Thank Wishbone77
Reviewed 25 June 2014

really nice resort, very relaxing. great for kids. the apartments were really clean, tidy and spacious. staff were very friendly, the thomson reps were fantastic. i totally enjoyed my week stay, so much so im booking to go again next year for 2wks!!! only thing i would say, is that staying in the A block, i got woke up by birds most mornings, but it really wasnt a big problem!!

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just returned from a week stay at this fabulous family resort. We had a two year old and a one year old that just loved the pools, the play area and all the bouncy castles around the resort. We stayed in S block an did have a slight problem with the shower going hot and cold but that was easily sorted. We loved the pool next to our apartments it never got crowded or noisy which was perfect for us with the little ones. The disney show was our favourite entertainment my daughter was mesmerised. The resort has so many lovely places to eat, Frankie's is the most welcoming place the staff there are second to none. We felt like family every time we went there. Lauren who does the bingo an karaoke is just lovely, and Diego an the other waiters can't do enough for you. I also recommend Haiti restaurant the food is gorgeous. The food in Los delfines is excellent I recommend the menorcan sausage on honey toast!!!! Overall we were so sad to come home I feel like I could have stayed a lot longer, We will definitely be going next year if not sooner xx

• Stayed: June 2014
SunConnect Apartamentos Los Delfines
Port Ciutadella
Port Ciutadella
#3 of 56 in Ciutadella

Been to Talayot? Share your experiences!