Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Finestrat
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stumbled upon this hotel by mistake and am so pleased that I did. Like many people, I wasnt looking to stay in Benidorm but then I found Asia Gardens.

I stayed here in April with my wife and 2 small children, we booked interconnecting rooms at the Deluxe level and have to say that they were ideal. The rooms are so well decorated and have every amenity that you could require. Fantastic size balcony.

The childrens swimming pool is heated to 32 degrees and is therefore usable no matter what time the kids wanted to use it, also very nice for us as adults who clearly feel the cold more than the kids! We didnt us the kids club as such, we did however play on the excellent pirate ship which my son loved.

The restaurants were all great, my wife and I had room service every night and at first were worried by the menu as for a 7 night stay there wasnt a lot of choice, the hotel management were fantastic and allowed us to order from any of the restaurant menus and have them delivered to our room. This was brilliant as our kids were both fast asleep by 8pm and we choose not to use a baby-sitting service.

I cant recommend this hotel highly enough. We enjoyed our stay so much that when we got home we cancelled our planned summer trip to Cyprus and have booked 2 weeks here. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindos14
BarceloAsiaGardens, Gerente at Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear "Lindos 14",

First of all, and on behalf of the entire team, please allow me to thank your gesture of leaving a public review concerning your last stay in our hotel.

It is a pleasure to receive such a nice feedback, so that we are even more motivated to keep on improving and putting up to date our services and facilities.

We look forward to receive you soon,

Best Regards,

Deputy manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
Murcia, Spain
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Wow! I have been wanting to visit this hotel now for at least 4 years, but kept putting it off as I thought it was too expensive. Over the years I kept looking at the website, photos, etc. and was well informed of everything, then one day out of the blue I thought just go for it, which I did, and I don't regret it for one moment. I only wish I had booked it sooner.
It truly deserves it's 5 star status.
From the security on the gate to reception to the bell boy, to the restaurant staff, to the cleaners, to the pool attendants, to everyone that you come across, absolutely fantastic.
I would recommend that you book half board, the buffet is amazing. However, for two nights I paid a supplement to eat in two different restaurants. I reserved a table at the restaurant ' In Black' I almost had the restaurant to myself which made me feel very special, only because it was the night that Spain was playing in the World Cup....but I didn't mind.
I also reserved two days of treatments, including massages, body scrubs, wraps, facials etc. I absolutely loved being pampered but not sure whether I would recommend a Thai massage as I felt like I'd been folded up like an envelope! I'm not that flexible but it certainly was an experience, not to be repeated.
I enjoyed it so much that I booked an extra night.
Although it is definitely not a place where you will find many children ( I am a grandma) I chose to visit this hotel out of school holiday time as the whole purpose was to be able to switch off and not have to communicate with the outside world. It may sound selfish but for me that was the whole point of going there....hand on heart I will be returning

Room Tip: As I travel alone I reserved the standard deluxe room, it was fantastic, big, clean, good views, th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Georgina H
Dear "Georgina H",

It has been very special to read how hard you wanted to come to Barceló Asia Gardens over the years and how you finally decided to come. But particularly knowing that we could cover your expectations make us feel proud of ourselves and motivated to keep on working like that and even harder, as the constant improvement is what we are aim to.

Then on behalf of the entire team, I have to really and honestly thank you for taking the time in leaving a writing review of your story which has to do a lot with us and I am sure that a lot of people who don´t know us yet, will be looking forward to coming and feel it by themselves.

Hoping to receive you back soon some day,

Best Regards,
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is just a little piece of heaven on earth! It's the third time we visit this hotel, and it's not the last. Everything here is just wonderful. The staff is professional and friendly, the surroundings are beautiful and relaxing, the spa is great, the bars and restaurants have all you need. If you need some time away from the rest of the world - visit Asia Gardens! I love it! Benidorm is maybe not the most special place to go, but this hotel really is worth a visit :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BarceloAsiaGardens, Gerente at Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear and appreciated "Monica L",

I would like to really thank your words and the time you have given us away, as we value very much your comment, that by the way, give us strength to keep on doing things in the same way and even better.

What we are proud the most is that you have visited us for several times and still want to come again... And I can asure you that we are looking forward to receiving you here at Barcelo Asia Gardesn, soon again.

Best regards,

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here 20th June to 23rd June and can simply say what a nice relaxing stay.

We arrived late due to our flight delay from Leeds Bradford and had the hotel transfer booked , whilst we were delayed I kept in touch with reception via email and informed them of our late arrival. They replied every time and changed the pick up time.

We were greeted at the airport and taken to a Lexus 450 hybrid 4x4

Transfer time around 30 mins and a very friendly driver.

On arrival we checked in and were given hot towels and thai tea

We had a superior delux room with a sea view.

Rooms are spacious with all mod cons , a very comfy bed , mini bar , TV , iPod docking station ,

We were only bed and breakfast , breakfast was delightfull with every taste catered for

Plenty if sun loungers and calm thai music playing around various areas.

Gardens are amazing , at night the frogs are very noisy , at first we thought it was a cd playing.

Bars are nice however pricy , 2 cokes 9 euros but your in a fantastic place and we all have to treat ourselves now and again.

We will certainly be going back and this time for longer.

A credit to the staff keep up the good work

Room Tip: 1405 sea view
2 Thank axeandy
Dear and distinguished "axeandy",

First of all, I would like to show you how much we appreciate the time you have dedicated us, by writing this review and overall, your kind words which I, for sure, will transmit to our team.

As you mention in your comment, we have shown to be flexible, and yours is only an example, as we try hard to adapt to our guests will so that they can notice we work towards covering their expectations.

We are so glad you had a very nice stay and, taking your words, we really expect to receive you back here soon.

Without any further ado,

Yours faithfully,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take my wife away for a long weekend and found this place. I booked due to previous reviews. It took me 25 mins from Alicante airport. My wife wasn't too impressed when I said we were going to Benidorm! However As soon as we turned up, you knew you were somewhere special. The place is amazing and the service is first class. We both used the Thai spa which is fantastic. The pools are just wonderful and the food from all the restaurants is really really good. We brought our 10 year old and he really enjoyed himself. If you want to bring kids and they want to jump in pools making lots of noise then this is not the place for you. Kids are kept in check and the whole place is very relaxing and serene. If you want to get away from the stresses of work and life then look no further this really is the place. We both said that if we had flown 18 hours to Thailand and had this hotel, we would be telling everyone how wonderful it was, so to be 2.5hours away from home is a real bonus. You won't be disappointed. We are just packing up our room now and must say the cleaner comes 3 times per day !!! It's superb

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank James S
BarceloAsiaGardens, The Management, at Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear "James S",

First of all I would like to, on behalf of the entire team, thank you for the time you spent to write us your comments, which definitely will encourage us to keep on working on getting our main goal that is our guest´ satisfaction.

In Barcelo Asia Gardens, apart from our facilities, we are pleased to offer a friendly and professional service and waiting to welcome you again here soon.

Yours faithfully,

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It’s difficult to pick one to start ... well, I will start from what it struck me most:

Gardens are fabulous! The trails in between the vegetation transports us to Thailand. By night the sound that is produced by this mini jungle is awesome and deserves to be heard-I loved it!!!!!

The pools are another work of art. Any one of them satisfies us and allows us to spend hours and hours doing nothing -don't feel like leaving the hotel.

The Spa is brutal, a little pricey, but inside than you would expect for a hotel like this. The indoor and outdoor heated swimming pool is relaxing and beautiful.

The Bar is the least charming of the Hotel, as it does not have the Glamour of the rest. Regarding restaurants, although a little pricey, I recommend experimenting

All hotel is excellent, a really 5*. The staff always friendly and make the hand salute every time.

Room Tip: I guess everything is perfect, you don't need tips :-)
1 Thank JMA1971
BarceloAsiaGardens, The Management, at Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear & distinguished "JMA 1971",

Is an honour for us to read comments like yours, with a detailed description and full of praise, which really shows us how we are doing and keeps on encouraging us to work hard towards our main goal which is your satisfaction.

After saying this, we really expect to welcome you back soon with our best service and smile.

Kindest regards,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have just spent 4 nights at this beautiful hotel - We have stayed in some lovely hotels all over the world and this is up there with the best. The gardens are absolutely superb - it is like being in a botanical gardens. The hotel is so calm and relaxing and no expense has been spared - the swimming pools were amazing - with a few to choose from. The rooms are lovely and spotless. The staff where so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We were staying on a half board basis - which should have been the buffet restaurant, but as the hotel was very quiet we got to eat in the restaurants for no extra charge - the Thai restaurant was our favourite - was excellent - also the half board option included wine which was very good value.

Ventured into Benidorm once - quite an eye opener! Staying in this hotel was like being in an oasis - a really lovely break. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BarceloAsiaGardens, The management at Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear "Sue G",

We are so glad you have had a wonderful time in our hotel and that you are willing to recommend us is a gesture from you that I particularly appreciate very much.

In Barcelo Asia Gardens, our guests are our motive to keep moving forward and their feedback our most valuable source of information to know how were are doing and how it is perceived.

Then, on behalf of he entire team, I would like to tell you that we are looking forward to seeing you again back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Deputy Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Finestrat
Hotel SH Villa Gadea
Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique
Grand Luxor Hotel
Grand Luxor Hotel
#56 of 192 in Benidorm

Been to Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel? Share your experiences!