Hotel La Cala
La Plantacion(Finestrat)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$149
Very Good 4/5
Apartments Magic Atrium Beach(Villajoyosa)(Great Value!)
US$65
Hotel Alone(Finestrat)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssea viewlittle gemsmall hotelgreat hotelkettle and cupsair conbars and restaurantscontinental breakfastamazing locationbus stopmini fridgesandy bayjust round the cornerwithin metreshotel is situatedrecommend this hotelshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in late August. I have to say that it was difficult for me to write this review as it is the first 2 star hotel I have stayed in for ages. I keep comparing it to other hotels I have stayed in, but thats not fair, as they mostly were 4 or 5 star hotels.
Anyway, here it goes.
The location of the hotel is second to none, as it is practically on the shoreline. There is a small roadside entrance to the hotel, but once inside, the building has a brand new elevator, so no hassel...
The room we stayed in were basic, but clean, and had a big balcony - terrace towards the sea and street below, and great views. (304)
Aircondition is free, and worked flawlessly. The hotell also offers free wifi, and the connection was good, though a little slow.
If Your hungry in late hours, they also offer a small selection of sandwiches, hamburgers brought to the room - nice!
The personell in the hotell were all serviceminded and helpfull - thats always a plus..

We were also offered a private parking space on the hotel premises for 5€ a night, its a steep entrance up from the ground level, at the end of the building, but it was no problem. Tip: if You need parking, make arrangements when You book, as it only holds a few cars. (The parking possibilities outside the hotel, or in the area in general is horrific - there are none, as they are all occupied - keep this in mind having a rental)
The premises also has a bar and a taverna like establishment in the ground floor, who serves You what You need of booth beverages and food, to fair prices and with a smile.
The hotel also have a roof terrace with a magnificent view over the bay, with a 60 inch flatscreen tv, cabled internet, and seating arrangments.

Are there room for improvements? well, though it is a 2 star, I might be carefull writing this, but still....
In my opinion they could fill the minibar, there were only 2 small bottles of water - they will make more money from it..and I will have the choice in selections..
A water boiler with some small selections in coffe and tea would be nice to have in the room...

They offer laundry service, that is seldom seen on a 2 star hotel, but....Seriously, this "service" need to be revised. Charging 5€ for washing a towel, or 7€ for a shirt, and then it takes all in between 48 to 72 hours to get it back depending on if its weekdays or weekend - sorry to say, but this is daylight robbery, You can buy a new shirt or towel for the same price - and don´t stay 3 days to get it!!

The breakfast was not much to brag about in my opinion, as I didn't se any ham, eggs, "jamon serrano" or any form of vegetables- only the basic bread, toast, jam....There are certainly room for improvement here...I would call it limited breakfast, not breakfast.

The hotel has a pet allowance policy, and in my mind I cant understand why. We had a dog next door, it barked and woke us up early in the morning. In my mind; hotels are for people, kennels are for dogs. (We do have 2 dogs at home, so its not that I bear a grudge towards pets, I just don´t think they should be accommodated in a hotel) As a dog owner, I am also familiar with the fact that some people are terrified for them, no matter the size......

Despite the above comments, our impression was that this hotel have to be the best 2 star hotel we ever stayed in, and in our mind surpass several 3 star hotels we stayed at, so we can surely recommend it!! If we go to Benidorm again, I would certainly stay in Finestrat instead of Benidorm, and definitely at La Cala!

Room Tip: Get a high floor balcony room (3rd floor) towards the sea or street - they both give You a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norway68
HotelLaCala, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel La Cala, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Norway68,

Thank you very much for recommending Hotel La Cala and for your review. We appreciate that you feel we are better than a 2 stars hotel and we take note of all your comments to make improvements in the future, your point of view really helps us.

Hoping to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and found it very clean and tidy! Travelling with my wife and 12 year old boys our room was spacious enough and had comfortable beds! Great view of the lovely beach! Went to the Bar at night and found the staff really friendly with a great view as well! Breakfast was adequate with the usual fresh croissant toast etc! We wouldn't hesitate to return in the future and highly recommend this lovely little hotel!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HotelLaCala, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel La Cala, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Gazzaflem,

We appreciate your comment and your recommendation of our hotel to other travellers. Even you just stayed one day with us I can see for your wide number of comments that you are a very experienced traveller, so your words have a lot of meaning to us.
Hopefuly we can welcome you and your family any other time.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at la cala hotel. Myself and my 2 children could not fault this little hotel. Super clean and super friendly, with a amazing sea view from our balcony.
It has the best location, right on the beach. Lots of pretty bars surround this lovely sandy bay, the sea was warm, great for family's, all Spanish.
We will be back thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Alijane101,

First of all, thank you for your words for the staff, and specially for the cleaning staff. Most of the people like you, who share their experience with us on Tripadvisor make this point of the hotel remarkable, and our girls really apreciate that.

Hope we can welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just arrived back from this great hotel staff were helpful both before the holiday by answering promptly numerous emails and during our stay. The welcome was warm and the check in very efficient , the rooms 207 and 206 as promised had beautiful beach views. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever used abroad with fluffy pillows and spotless linen. The free wifi was an absolute treat especially with 4young women who cannot live without FB or snapchat.
Breakfast was fresh juice with fresh baked croissants or a choice of cereal or toast which was more than adequate. There was no nuisance noise at the hotel, and several great places to eat within 5 min walk. To get to benidorm was quite a haul on foot and hilly in parts but a great and regular bus service was available on the doorstep , buses ran back to the hotel right up until 3am and we used them regularly. €9 for 6 persons each way, so not expensive. The beach was directly on the door step so absolutely no need for a swimming pool. Sun loungers on the beach are pricey but well worth it as the sun shone from 9am until after 7pm when folks ere still enjoying the sea. I will most defiantly return to this hotel and highly recommend it. No entertainment at hotel but this was not required as my family are all 13 years and above . This was a plus for us as it meant not to many small children at the hotel, a more grown up feel to the holiday in general. Because we booked flights and accommodation separately it worked out about average price wise , certainly not the cheapest hotel, but offered all of what we required as a family to have an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 207 and 206 both great sea views and no nuisance noise at night , black out curtains worked a treat .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerry M

Dear Gerry M,

Thank you so much for your words. I really think your tips will help other people to know what they can expect from their visit and sure your tips about runing buses and prices are very helpful.

It was nice to have you here with your big family. We are happy to see that you already made your next reservation with us.

Hope everything it is well back at home!

Regards.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a week at this hotel which was a last minute break and I went by its trip advisor reviews and I have to say we had a wonderful time, I don't think I have ever stayed in such a friendly and clean hotel, it is only small but I think this affords it the personal touch. Our room was cleaned everyday to a very high stand, we had a sea view which was literally over hanging the beach and the sound of the waves at night was so relaxing. The staff were so helpful, yes the breakfast is basic but it's really all you need to start the day. The beach is busy but we always managed to have a choice of sunbeds. Everything is in walking distance, bars, supermarket (fridge in room) restaurants and a local market every evening. Tapas bars away from the front are a bit cheaper but overall I thoroughly recommend the place. We went into Benidorm old town and went to Bar Amigos which has a great review, we booked a table just in case, this was lovely location in a side street excellent food and the best Rioja ever - thoroughly recommend, we got the no 3 bus from the square there and back €1.50 each way. To sum it up - Wonderful week.

• Stayed: August 2013
HotelLaCala, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel La Cala, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Lisa B,

We would like to thank you for your comments and for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor with all the travellers. We are glad you had a good time at our Hotel and that you pleased the views, the area and the staff.. Thanks!

Hope to see you again soon.