St George’s Caye Resort is only a short boat ride from Belize City (about 20 minutes) which means you remain close enough to enjoy trips to the mainland to take advantage of the opportunities and activities that may be enjoyed in Belize proper. The resort itself offers cozy cabanas, well maintained grounds, a good size pool and ready access to warm clear ocean water to play in when you prefer the open water. The resort is staffed by the most friendly and attentive staff I’ve encountered in years of travel. Anacelia runs the onsite spa where your relaxation really begins – do not pass on this opportunity. The dining experience was delightful with skillfully prepared dishes using locally grown and raised provisions to provide amazing dishes for every meal. The small number of guests all dine together between given hours which allows you to meet and get to know everyone in an informal setting which was quite enjoyable. The Chef was also most accommodating to different tastes if a particular meal was not preferred – dietary restrictions or allergies should be noted when booking but the staff is adaptable after that as well. The dive master worked to ensure the divers in the group had the best possible experience on their trip. He met with them morning and in the evening to discuss conditions and recommend locations for their tastes. Again, the small number of guests allows for more direct customer satisfaction and flexibility. If you choose to simply enjoy the hammocks and beautiful beach area – this quiet resort is well suited for this as well. After a week, I left St. George’s Resort refreshed, relaxed and with great memories. Although I usually prefer to travel to new venues on vacation, I’m keeping this resort on my travel list for the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes